Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of starting a second army.
Can anybody recomend what regiment should use for LOT'S OF TANKS :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, my guess is that Stell Legion use lot's of chimeras, so they should field a lot of tanks to, they are after all mechanised!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Death Korps of Krieg, there paint scheme already looks very German WWII like, so it really opens up avenues of approach for styles and camo patterns. The other groups that hold to all "tank" armies are Ryza based armies and Stygies III. A lot of people use Valhallan based groups to get that "Russian" feel to a tank group. As it stands the only special characters for all tank armies are made by Forge World, look at an Imperial Armour book for more ideas or find a copy of the collosaly huge tank book from Forge World.

·
Registered
231 Posts
what the ***** are you talking about panzerjaegar steel legion look like U.S. troops with gas masks on in WWII. The only imperial gaurd army(its not a playable army either) that looks like the nazis would have to be the teutons because of the spike on the helmet and the really long over coat that they wear.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well your kinda wrong they dont look like US Troops at all. Maybe Catachan and thats a big maybe cause they look more lile lil rambos then the actual military. But anyway if you paint the steel legion grey and put lil spike on there helmet and they will be nazis. ^_^

·
Registered
841 Posts
cadians and steel legion
nuff said
im not going to say desert raiders or valhallens till their plastic models come out. the models for them are getting ooooooooooooooold.......

·
Registered
179 Posts
Let's see.... 1)Long great coats with a distinctly WWII cut (russian and germans)
2) Sallett style helmat with a neck protecting flare.
3)Skull masks, can we say 4th division Totenkopf SS?
4)Rules emphasizing death in combat and lots of nationalist zeal
5) the gas-masks they wear are the german/swedish M-36 "field respirator/chem-filter")
6)I'm in the U.S. military, not once whether in the field with the 2nd marine division or shipboard have I ever seen gear like that, go find a "real" WWII german field/uniform book such as "Mein Ehre Heisst Treue": a look at the waffen SS uniforms, equipement and field practice" I'm sure Amazon.com has a copy somewhere.

And to you "WAAAAGH", you're a moron. Go look it up, cut out the bombastic use of 4 letter metaphores; and you can play as the Teutons under the new rules, just make up rules using the new codex. Oh, and in case you didn't know, the spiked helmat/great coat look is more WWI, except for members of the German "Old Gaurd" (and horse cavalry)during WWII.

On the original note: armoured companies have been discussed in about 5 previous threads, there is tons of crap on it, I recommend it highly. Also, if buying tanks gets too expensive just go on e-bay, it's much cheaper there and you can always strip paint or paint over the existing paint job. The only major downside to AC is that playing on 4ft by 4ft tables is quite a challenge, and certain armies have a high tank killing ability.

P.S. to WAAAAGH if you do so choose to send a baligerant response (and I know you want to), then post it as a "personal message" to me and save the good readers/posters your asterix involving jibe. Not to condemn swearing, but one on one foul-critisizm goes so much better off the record.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have to agree with Panzerjaegar (tankhunter) on this one (about the look of steel legion!)

The helmet they wear is right off the head of a fallshimjager!!!! (airtrooper) from the WW2 german military. Also, the roll on their back looks not like a gas can (which I think IS the look GW was going for) but like part of the Wermahct personal combat gear....they too wore their roll (which was actually a tent quarter peice used as camo and to live under) in that area.

Anyway....lets all settle down and enjoy the game and the opinion. If you look in the gallery....I have painted Steel Legion figures to look like WW2 troops. I painted their their uniforms German Uniform Grey 9which is actually a variety of greys and greens) and thier coats I painted to look like Fall patern camo which they used. ALso a Chimera and a Senitle with german markings (BalkanKruz) on them....check them out.....Im sure you will like them.

;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
The paint job on those sentinals is impressive, did you use airbrush or what?
Aside from the Fall pattern I have used the moss pattern (a green with khaki squiggly lines) and Flekard (spotted), which is more common with the foot sloggers. Also, sometimes you will see camo on the blouse-top and a solid color on the paints like field-grey or forest (OD) green. Variety depending on enviroment and avaliability of equipement to the army (supply lines).

·
Registered
148 Posts
10-4.....I use an airbrush for all paint applications to vehicles. I then use regular brushes for blending the camo and the drybrushing. Also the controlled washes (inking) and sometimes even add pastels to enhance certain details, then I seal it all in with clear coat.

B

PS: thanks for the compliment!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.