Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone.

For those of you who don't check GW regularly, the new Legion of the Damned models have been announced for release.

I must say. I'm not big on Space Marines most often. But I might just have to pick some of these guys up just so they can sit on my shelf and scare the dust away!

·
Airborne
1,664 Posts
Legion of the Damned? Don't GW realize there are units in the game people actually use that lack models? I guess it could be worse, Legion of the Damned has a mild chance of seeing the light of day or being used to represent something else, they could be releasing flash gitz models ;)

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Its really too bad the rules for them are so hard to work with in an army list, cause they've really produced 11 very fine models there. I especially like the sergeant and the single blister of the Legionnaire holding a multimelta.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I actually think that most of these mini are pretty average. Nothing that couldn't be done with some freehand, and nothing that screams "ghostly marines!" at me. The only one I like is the veteran, I can see that mini being used quite a bit for some chaplain conversions - or just as he is. That is the only one I really like.

Kuffy

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow...I'm starting to feel bad for posting these... :(

Don't.

Thanks for posting them, i think they look mint and c'mon rather than complaining that they dont get used, why not give them a try and use them? I have not used them myself as i mainly play nasty PDF codex BA but from what i recall allthough expencive they seem pretty good, 3+ invul and relentless right? also a re-rollable deepstrike? sounds alright to me.

·
2,076 Posts
I like the Sgt. He would make a nice Chaplain.
I do like the guy with the knife has the old school boots.

Won't be buying these models though.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
TBH I love these models and will aim to make them part of my collection as soon as possible - they are really fluffy and menacing - ghostly marines really only applies if the model has no helmet - like the old Centurius model which looks withered and dessicated...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Just figured I'd add these, it seems GW is releasing an additional 6 LoTD marines in blister packs

PS I figured I'd throw up a link to the advance orders to the Canadian GW page for those of you who don't live in Canada... GET YOUR OWN SITE :p http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...s.jsp?catId=cat1490603&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

PPS Isn't it ironic that I post that on a site centred in the UK?

PPPS Maybe this will take some of the heat off you felling bad there Alzer

PPPPS Enough PSs?

·
2,076 Posts
I like the first guy in the second picture.
birdie helmet, with skull face, eagle shoulder pad, old school shoes, nice pose, bolter strap.
I am tempted to get him, just to use as a veteran or something

·
Registered
364 Posts
DAMN! they look really good. might just add them to my DC.:dance:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wait... is that..... No........
It can't be...............

The Universe's first LEFT HANDED MARINE!!!!!!

I know, I must be the zillionth guy to make that joke but hey, it's good to see some variation :p

·
LO Ninja
1,214 Posts
Wait... is that..... No........
It can't be...............

The Universe's first LEFT HANDED MARINE!!!!!!

I know, I must be the zillionth guy to make that joke but hey, it's good to see some variation :p
Grey Knights are sort of left handed ;)

PL

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
There are a fair few lefties - and some older models were left handed - the standard bolter pattern has the ejection port on the right of the weapon which is why most of the marines are right-handed in stadnard firing pose (though TBH most marines are probably ambidextrous anyway!)

·
2,076 Posts
According to Inquisitor (the game) all marines are indeed Ambidextrous. Very handy when you hold a chainsword in one hand while you aim your bolter in the other!

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
The fact that they wear ceramite probablymeans they don't need to worry about the ejection of hot matter from the firing chamber of the gun (whether it be cases, or more likely given bolters fire caseless ammo, clips that string the bolts together)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts