Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually play against DE, but was wondering (due to some complaints from friends) if they were really that bad and outdated. I look at the book and I think they still have some really good units as well as some great magic items. I'm sure the new book will do wonders for them, but here's a list that seems like it would do pretty well (at least on paper)

389 Sorceress Lvl 4 Cold One, Soulstone, Black Amulet, Power Stone
165 Sorceress Lvl 2 Tome of Furion, Power Stone
170 Sorceress lvl 2 Darkstar Cloak, Seal of Ghrond
166 Noble Cold One, BSB, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Crimson Death
205 15x Warriors FC, Shlds, Repeater Crossbows
205 15x Warriors FC, Shlds, Repeater Crossbows
127 5x Dark Riders Repeater Crossbows, Musician
127 5x Dark Riders Repeater Crossbows, Musician
91 7x Harpies
84 6x Shades Repeater Crossbows
226 6x Cold One Knights Musician, Warbanner
300 3x RBT

11 power dice, 2 stones
7 dispel dice
4 shooty units, 3 warmachines
The only thing I worry about is the harpies (seem weak) being useful and the magic users being out of range for the x-bows to shoot efficiently. The only thing I've thought about maybe switching is a scroll for a stone, web of shadows on a caster, or lifetaker on one of the sorceress'.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Its ok. It could definetely work but Dark Elves are so fragile and so hit-or-miss.
As for the list i think the 2nd L2 is just more miscast/ points. I believe elf characters are so expensive that you would be best served to just take 3. A Peg Noble would be much better than another L2. Also your BSB is illegal, he can't have the crimson death as it is 2handed. I would leave him without anything except for maybe a Sword of Might. Also the RxBs will not hold as much as you think, I actually like the 12 man units and no champ (useless) that way you can get an entire other unit of DR. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I like the list...alot. My first army is Wood Elves(a bit of explaining my name), my second(just started) is DE. I like the amount of fire, but I do think you miss some combat units,except ofcourse the cold ones, consider taking DE warriors/corsairs they are cheap and can take happily a charge. If you ask me, then change a unit of dark riders and a lvl 2 sorceress in 2 units of warriors, or a big unit of black guard.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Also your High Sorceress is mounted on a cold one, which means that if she fails her stupidity test then she cannot move and she cannot cast any spells. Better just mount her on a dark steed, or a pegasus, a HS on a peg can be really dangerous if used right.

·
stupidity just kicked in!
812 Posts
why necro this thread!? It has been inactive for a month... I don't even think that the OP cares for this thread anymore. If the OP really wanted advice on his list he would have asked a long time ago. Someone please close this thread!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.