Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a necron army, but I am unclear how wbb works. I've been running two units of necron warriors, and a lord (with res. orb). The players at the local hobby shop disagree on how wbb plays out. If someone would break it down for me i'd really appreciate it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok so heres how it works as simply as I can put it.

Your enemy shoots and wounds you, you then have the ability to save him with his 3+ save as long as yoru not hit by any weapon preventing it.

If you fail your save place your model on its side and pretend he is not there anymore. After your enemy finishe shooting everything else and assualting you roll a an additional 4+ save, if made he stands back up and joins his unit.

This is all of course dependent on all the other rules that apply to the WBB roll. For example you do not get your WBB when hit with a weapon double strength, power weapon, or no other necron model within 6 inches, ect ect ect.

Hope that helped you out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't make the roll do you remove the model from the table? And how does the resurrection orb work? For both the warriors within 6inches of it, and for the lord holding it...

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Yes if a necron fails it's WBB it is "destroyed."

The Resurrection Orb allows ALL necron models within 6" to get a WBB no matter WHAT killed them, this includes the lord holding the orb (but Lords can only get WBB if there is a second lord on the table, which annoys me since I usually only field one.)

Look up the Necron FAQ at the Games Workshop site, it helps clear up some of the little nuances of the WBB rule. Also make sure to bring that and your codex to games so if someone argues, you can just whip out the rules and show them they're wrong. ;)

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
If you don't make the roll do you remove the model from the table?
The model is removed from play/table after failing the roll or not being able to take a roll because it doesn't meet the conditions.

And how does the resurrection orb work?
The RO overcomes the things that prevent WBB. It is an "area of effect" piece of wargear. In other words, it doesn't just apply to the unit attached to the Lord but also whole units with at least one model within 6" of the Lord w/RO. That's right, one model in range gives the effect to all other members of its squad.

For both the warriors within 6inches of it, and for the lord holding it...
For all "Necrons" and the Lord holding it, yes.

For more on this and other fun Necron points of interest, visit our very own LO Necron FAQ.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Actually Necron lord doesn't need to have another lord with a resurrection orb within 6". It says you or another lord within 6" has to have resurrection orb if you get hit by a power weapon/double strenght hit.

·
kut maar krachtig
1,323 Posts
agreed lordV,

the codex states that if the fallen lord has a resurection orb on him he can just make WBB role if he doens't have an orb on him then you will need to have a other lord with orb within 6" to give him a WBB. but off cousre this is only in the case when the lord's last wound is taken by a weapon that doesn't allow an armour save (powerweapons, powerfist, etc.) or is instant killed (double thoughness weapons) in all other cases the lord can make a normale WBB role. then just hope you make it :). Hope this helps you Stygain. any other question just fire away where here to help.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.