1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found this in another forum. rememeber that it is just rumors

enjoy

----

Fanatics: Fanatics may be released during the compulsory movement phase 2D6" into the front arc. Fanatics may also be released as a charge reaction, again, 2D6" to the front arc. This is treated as a stand and shoot for purposes of when you are allowed to release fanatics.

Finally, any unit that flees with unreleased fanatics, releases them in a random direction. The whole 8" thing was been done away with.

Squig Herds become skirmishers. Squig Hoppers are released like fanatics, and move 2D6" in a direction of your choice. The hopper has 2 wounds, but is still killed on a doubles for bounce. The rider is never thrown anymore. If the unit is broken, the goblin handlers flee and the squigs stay ranked up and have a table to roll on each turn; rather than the old scatter each one of these guys 2D6". (on the turn the goblin handlers flee, the squigs are always "unbreakable". (Frenzy & skirmish and charge the nearest unit friend or foe, is on the list; as is stupidity; causes fear & may not move, squabble, flee) Squig Herds are special choices and require 1 unit of night goblins for each unit squig herd.

Forest Goblins Return: Forest goblins about the same as night gobins, with a few differences. They Hate all elves, and Fear all elves that they do not outnumber by at least 2:1; reroll panic checks while in woods.

Forest Goblins can be upgraded to have spears, 2nd hand weapon or BOWS. One unit per army may scout, one unit per army may be upgraded to have poisoned weapons.

Spider Riders: On a 25mm base, M5, skirmish, forest goblin with poisoned attacks. Webs (enemy is -1 to flee/pursue from/at the spider riders) Upto 1 unit of spider riders per unit of forst goblin rank and file.

Giant Spider: Single model in unit, Spider on a 40mm base. Poison, webs, web shot (short range, enemy must pass Str test to move if hit). Special choice, 0-1 per unit of spider riders.

Other changes:
Orc chariots are 2 for 1 if general is an Orc.
All boar boys can be big uns if the general is an orc.
Goblin warmachines and chariots require 1 unit of goblins per choice.
Goblin chariots and spear chukkas are only 2:1 if a goblin is the general.
Orcs on foot have the option for heavy armor, choppas give +1 strength on the charge, even if used with a shield, or a 2nd choppa.
Slavers (orc warmachine crewmen) may kill a goblin crewmen to avoid taking a panic test.

Black Orcs: Takes a special choice, instead of an extra hero slot. They may buy a black orc retinue (which does not take a special slot); though they may not leave the unit. Black Orcs hate wizards (anyone who has bound spells or spells).

Anomosity looked about the same, with the big difference that Orcs that fail will pick on goblins if goblins are in range. Savage Orcs will attack friendly units on a 1-2 while frenzied, rather than just a "1".

Waaaagh Magic has a 2D6 miscast table, and units that failed anomosity, along with those that are fleeing modify the roll. Spells have changed a bit. Most of the magic is based on the numbers of Orcs and Goblins near the caster. (spells do more hits, or higher strength, or more range). I think every spell had some part of it linked to the number of greenskins in the area.

Stone Trolls are not stupid if the general is a night goblin and within 12"
River Trolls are not stupid if the general is a common goblin and within 12"
Forest Trolls are not stupid if the general is a forest goblin and within 12"
No troll is stupid if the general is an Orc, black orc or savage orc and within 12" of the trolls.

Pump waggon moves D6" the 1st turn, 2D6 the 2nd, 3D6 the third and so on. It keeps speeding up until it rolls a pair (and takes a wound) or hits an enemy unit. It may only turn upto 45 degrees before it moves, and it moves in a strait line. (so it can only charge what it sees).

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dont think there is anything wrong with the current goblin fanatics rules

Except for the fact that pansy ass wood elf players can use way watchers to get fantasics out on the first turn... That rules sucks

But fanatics should still have some drawbacks , like a ledership test to release them perhaps....

·
Registered
34 Posts
As i said i think they are fine the way they are and considering what they can do i dont think they are very expensive at all, but i wouldnt change their cost.

1 fanatic with a good roll can wipe out my 325pts unit of knights for only 25pts so i think they are fine the way they are however if you are able to release them whenever you want then that is going to make Fanatics ridiculously over powered.

At the moment the only defense i have against them is sending a sacrifical unit against them and hoping for the best but if you can release them when ever you want my whole plan goes to hell and my opponent can just choose to send them out after my most effective unit.....

LEAVE THEM THE WAY THEY ARE!!!!!!!!

ps and dont just say to stand back and shoot them, Im a Chaos Player.......

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the name of Grungni!!! how can you think fanatics are expensive.
I have seen many a game where 3 Fanatics have killed 15 High Elf Silver Helms. Not that I cared much for they are treacherous pointy eared gitz.

In another battle I lost 12 Knights of the Realm and my Lord to 3 Fanatics. I definately think there needs to be more of a drawback.

E.g. When the Fanatics are released on a double 1 (or snake eyes) they hit their parent unit instead.
I definately agree they should have to have a leadership test to resist letting the Fanatics out. And not just choose to deny their release.
However, to counter the wood elf problem the goblins should count as having a 360 degree L.O.S and if they can "see" any target within the 8" of the gobbo unit it should be a Leadership test to hold or release.

Anything else would be giving Goblins too much control and not enough randomness.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My friend asked a GW staff member whether they were doing new O&G and he said "Umm... there's a new army coming out after dwarfs and... your guess isn't very wrong."

Those forest goblins sound quite cool, with all the spiders and stuff (shouldn't they be making them go through woods without any movement penalty?), but as for the fanatics, 3 of them already took out a unit of chosen knights! They should be making them more random and more points. (oh well, they only got killed twice each.)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
pro_necron said:
Those forest goblins sound quite cool, with all the spiders and stuff (shouldn't they be making them go through woods without any movement penalty?), but as for the fanatics, 3 of them already took out a unit of chosen knights! They should be making them more random and more points. (oh well, they only got killed twice each.)
The old rules for spider riders ignored all terrain as the spiders ran over it all :) I have some of the original models and they are quite cool, would be great if they bought them back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow this all sounds too good to be true. I often wondered why the Orcs didn't have a 'scout' choice in the army. Yes i know we're too stupid to be so organized but still i would expect it to still be an option. I am anxious to hear more about the new upgrade choices for regular boys since having dual choppas would = ownage and heavy armor to boot!

Boar boys can be big uns all the time?! Nice bout time the boyz got some heavy cav choices.

I agree with a lot of posters, Fanatic rule and point costs as is are fine.

I am no where near a verteran orc player but in my few battles I've noticed the original tactic of outnumbering your enemy to sway the tide of the war has been greatly overmatched by powerful core units of other armies and their increasingly extra addons and upgrades.

Maybe the coming of a new Giant model is the beginning of the new O&G army?!

WAAAAGGGHHH!!!

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Am I the only one who was happy to see things like giant spiders leave the game during last edition? I thought that all of that nonsense was a little silly and made the game a bit too tolkienish. This whole "forest" theme for Orcs and Goblins just seems out of place to me. I mean there are already two entire armies with a forest theme: Beastmen and Wood Elves. Aren't there any other themes?

I do like the new fanatic rules. At least now there's a little bit of leeway as to where they will end up coming out instead of just flinging at you at a boring and predictable 8" every single game.

·
Registered
486 Posts
see the thing is with the current fanatics, all gobbos think theyre ok and all enemies hate them, but if they become how its stated, you wouldnt be able to draw them out, whereas now ok u lose a sacrificial unit but it does make them wasted points on our behalf. and 15 high elf spearmen!! man you must get some really good rolls, thats at least 3 5s and wounding with all...

i like that theyre bringing back forest goblins, we already had a forest goblin list, but maybe it would make more sense if it was like the chaos lists, orc hero orc core gobbo hero gobbo core.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The new Hate Elves...Fear Eves rule...hmm Not sure if I like that (I play Dark Elves).

Goblins rerolling misses against my toughness 3 pointy eared guys costing a fortune isn't good. Plus, any situation where I outnumber the goblins and I bring into play the "outnumbered by a fear causing enemy" rule, is either going to be with my Cold One Knights (I can really see the benefit there lads...), or if I have massacred the unit a lot- in which case chances are it's running anyway.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Warning Picture Heavy!!!!!

Pictures:

(NIght Goblin Shaman)

(Night Goblin Big Boss / Shaman)

(pony and beer cart)

(Night Goblin Spearmen)

(more Night Goblin Spearmen)

(Dwarf Thunderers)

(Dwarf Forces)

(Goblin Forces)

(Dwarf cannon and crew + some scenery)

(Dwarf Thane and 2 Slayers (one tied up) + two signposts(?))

(Dwarf Warriors)

All rumoured to be part of the 7th edition starter boxed set. All plastic.

The pictures show the following:

Night Goblin force
1 Night Goblin Big Boss / Shaman (with squig and staff / great weapon)
1 Night Goblin Shaman (with staff and cauldron)
40 Night Goblins with spears (18 + 10 + 12)
20 Night Goblins with short bows (10 + 10)
10 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
1 Troll

Dwarf force
1 Thane
1 Slayer (plus a tied-up version)
12 Dwarf Warriors with hand weapons and shields
10 Thunderers
8 Miners
1 Cannon
1 Pony-drawn Beer(?) Cart

In addition there are one Night Goblin totem, a barricade(?), two signposts(?) and four wound markers (two for the dwarfs and two for the goblins) and quite possibly more things we can't see.

KU

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think I made the Wrong Choice going in to ArdBoyz' cus them new gobbo models look sooo cool :cry:

I'm gonna have to buy that set and have the dwarfs since my brother nicked all my Goblins off me when I chose Ardboyz' and now he's the gobbo player :)

Also the Dwarf figures in the box look cool as well :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
In the 'goblin forces' picture, is that some kind of effigy or something? Or just a scenery piece?
The new goblin models look good. And I don't like the troll either.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts