Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it be a new book i wonder,
Usually when they send a mail like this they add a NEW picture. And now im thinking it will only be models. Good news for greenskins either way!

perhaps this is linked with the rumours of alot of plastic cavalry this year (plastic boars? :eek:

More Orcs & Goblins coming in May
Orcs & Goblins are the scourge of the Warhammer world, an unending tide of ferocious raiders. For every greenskin Waaagh! defeated on the field of battle, another arises to trample a swathe of destruction across the land. Orcs and Goblins live to fight!
Orcs & Goblins are one of the most popular Warhammer armies and it's not difficult to see why: they can field warriors of all shapes and sizes from tiny Snotlings to Giants, and every shape of Orc and Squig in-between. They have access to a bizarre array of war machines and mounts, and some of the most entertaining special rules of any Warhammer army. And thanks to their inclusion in the great-value Battle for Skull Pass set, are often the first army a hobbyist collects.

So this May we're celebrating the Orcs & Goblins in all their choppa-wielding glory. We're under orders from the Big Boss to keep quiet about exactly what's going on so be sure to check out games-workshop.com in April when all will be revealed and pick up May's issue of White Dwarf for an in-depth look at all things green.

·
quik-quik, kill-kill!
2,651 Posts
This looks nicy nicy. A new armybook I guess, or just models?
Some plastic boarboyz would see to it that those appear more often on the battlefield too.

·
4,361 Posts
As there hasn't really been any rumours about orcs, I would guess that it is just new models that are coming out.

SirKently

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i'm hoping that the greenies do get the new book treatment though... while i'm not a greenskin player, the main things i see most orc/gobbo generals having to cope with;
- animosity. it needs to be there, but sometimes it's just a bit too much of a munkey wrench! i liked how it worked before - you rolled for each unit and on a 1, you rolled on the animosity table. it made it a little bit harder for half the orc & gobbo line to just sit there and squable all game!
- magic. greenskin magic is horribly in-effective! they've got a couple good spells, but most of 'em are a minor annoyance at best for their opponents... let's make it on par with other army specific lores, please?!
- gobbo upgrades to drop in line with the new skaven clanrat upgrades. when you think about it, they're pretty much the same; cheap, expendable troops! skaven got the half-point items back, so i think it's only fittign that those weedy gobbos get them back too!
- better magic items. there's not too many great magic item combos. well, when you consider the wealth of choice & playability of the magic item combos from say the empire/dwarves/vampires/dark elves/high elves/daemons/chaos warriors/beastmen...
mind you, the skaven magic items took a huge hit in their new book...

and of corse, the model line is in desperate need of some newer plastics to make alot of their key troops more affordable and thus, more playable! boar boyz, savage orcs, new gobbo sprue please! plus perahps a plastic wyvern and trolls? or maybe a war machine box that could assemble as either a bolt thrower or stone thrower?!

anyways, i'm jazzed about this announcement, and i can't wait to see what the new model line will look like and fingers crossed there's a new book thrown in as well!
cheers!

·
1,142 Posts
I hope they get a book this year, they should since they are fairly popular and a new book would be a good reward for the orcs and goblin players. I don't really care about new models because i've got nearly all of the current ones!

Surely it wouldn't be anywhere near as profitable to release a load of new models without a book. Also, i've heard the majority of GW instore staff have the impression theres a new book too.

·
Here comes DR. TRAN!
177 Posts
The Greenskins already got a new book, this is the 2nd push that they are doing for all the new army books

·
Registered
121 Posts
I havnt posted on here for a long time.

But i had to when this came up.

Hopefully their will be some plastic squig herds and or hoppers.

some rules changes for pump wagons would be nice I.E more pump wagons in a rare slot or moving them to special,as i feel 2 can be dealt with too quick and a wast of a rare choice when they get shot or set upon by turn 2.

more randomness through-out the army would be nice (not what tournament players would want but still) i feel they lost a lot of carachter in the current book

and also snotlings should have unbreakable as stubborn on ld4 is useless

·
Registered
447 Posts
Orcs and Goblins are a blight upon the Warhammer world, a restless, constant source of violence and carnage. From the Badlands and countless other dark and dangerous corners of the map, they gather in strength and power, fighting amongst themselves in brutal conflicts that serve only to increase their propensity for violence and ready them for the 'real fun' to follow.

Once the greenskins have gathered enough warriors, they will unite beneath the cruel leader of an especially tough or cunning (and preferably both) leader and unleash their pent-up fury upon the civilised realms in the form of a Waaagh! – a savage green-skinned crusade that runs roughshod across borders and nations with no goal other than carnage and the pursuit of bigger and better battles.

This May Orc & Goblin players have good cause to rejoice as their armies are bolstered by fantastic new releases. It's time to ready your army book and apply that final lick of paint to your not-quite-finished units of Orc Boyz or Gobbos... because exciting things are coming.

For the full details, make sure you check out the Games Workshop website for more details during the month of April, and for Gork's (or possibly Mork's) sake, be sure to pick up a copy of May's White Dwarf for the full details!
That's from the GW website posted this morning.

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
I really dont know which ring to throw my hat in here. On the one hand there has been its been known plstic Boar Boys have been in the pipelne for a while, possibly a box to make either normal or savage if theres any logic to it, this makes me think its just a wave release.

On the other hand mind you, it has been said the new starter set will again be Empire vs Orcs & Goblins, so the release of a new army book with an army out the starter set is a high possibility, and as empire dont need much work doing an Ocs and Goblins army book is the more likely choice. A new Orc boys box with option for bows would be nice aswell.

However still a little more favour in this being a wave release due to the lack of new artwork in the GW email announcment.

Heres a pic from warseer of a possible work in progress on a new Boar Boy: Further Orcs & Goblins miniatures - WarSeer

·
Registered
121 Posts
This May Orc & Goblin players have good cause to rejoice as their armies are bolstered by fantastic new releases. It's time to ready your army book and apply that final lick of paint to your not-quite-finished units of Orc Boyz or Gobbos... because exciting things are coming.

maybe not a new book!?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Heres hoping they come out with some plastic Squigs herds and hoppers ... There shall be a waaagghh to my local hobby shop post haste!

·
Registered
250 Posts
This could be the start of my Savage Orc army finally!! Ive wanted to start one for a longggg time know, but the metal savage orc infintry and savage orc boar boyz are just to darn expensive! I reallyyy hope to see them in plastic form so I can get my Savage Orcs rolling! :)

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Yeah it's definitely not a new army book. O&G was the first army to get updated for 7th ed, after all, and 2 books in 1 editiond doesn't make sense, not even for GW.

From what I've heard the release will contain plastic trolls, plastic boar boyz (unsure if savages will be included in it) and/or plastic savage boyz.

I mean, sure it would be nice with a new book since there are a lot of issues in the current that needs to be adressed, but we O&Gs know it will happen in due time and that there are other factions to be updated before us.

·
4,361 Posts
O&G was the first army to get updated for 7th ed, after all, and 2 books in 1 editiond doesn't make sense, not even for GW.
Dwarves got two books in sixth edition. What was that you were saying about GW.

SirKently

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmmmm and now an 8th is coming up

@DDM i like the new trolls =( only problem is theres only 3 different ones...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts