Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

Relatively new 40k player here! I've been playing/collecting/painting for about 3-4 months. My first army is Chaos Daemons, and I'm looking to start a second, more reliable army. After mulling over Tau and Orks for a whilte, I think I'm going the greenskin route!

I've got the AoBR set of Orks already, and I'm going to buy this guy's Orks army for about $150 US (he's got 2 AoBR sets and the Battleforce). Here's all of what I'll have after this:

Codex: Orks
3 Warbosses
80 Boyz
15 Nobz
9 Deffkoptas
3 Warbikers
1 Trukk

If I threw all these together in a list, what would I need to make it better? Or would it be a pretty reasonable ~1500 pts list? Say (don't have codex, so don't know specific pts values):

HQ:
2 Warbosses

Troops:
12 Boyz
w/ 1 Trukk

23 Boyz

23 Boyz

22 Boyz

8 Nobz (using the 1st Warboss Nobz as troops rule)

7 Nobz (using the 2nd Warboss Nobz as troops rule)

Fast Attack:
3 Warbikers

5 Deffkoptas

4 Deffkoptas

Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
A Big Mek with a KFF is almost mandatory in 90% of Ork lists.
The only exception to this rule is a "Nob Biker" list.

You would benefit from some Lootas, and i would also advise converting some of your AoBR Nobz to wield Power Klaws, and put one in each of your Boyz squads.

·
Registered
304 Posts
What are you going to but on those bosses, I guess that either both or one of them is the standard AoBR, but what about the other? You might want to post army lists like this:
1 Warboss with: Power Klaw, Attack Squig, 'Eavy Armor, Cybork, Kombi-Scorcha
120 points

It looks good exept you should invest in lootas and you might want to choose whether to footslogg or to ride in trukks, I'm not a fan of having a 1/2 and 1/2 army, but thats just me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, sorry,

I have no clue about point costs because I haven't bought the codex from the guy yet. Both Warbosses will be from AoBR.

In fact the only things that aren't from AoBR are 20 Boyz, the Trukk, and the Warbikers. I have no clue how anything is assembled and I don't know much about Ork options. I only really know minimum unit sizes and stuff.

But thanks for the tips.

Should I just not use this trukk until I decide to get more?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oh, sorry now I see that the codex is on the top of you list to get, okay. Since you already have 68 boyz and 15 nobz then you might want to play footsloggers. For playing the Green Tide, you dont need the trukk or warbikers that much exept in objective games to contest objectives and in annhilation to counter any flankers, so you might want to keep those. I suggest that you customise your nobz, splitting them to have 1 nob lead each squad of boyz and making a custom Power Klaw adn boss pole instead of the big choppas. I also have a question about the Chaos Daemons, becasue there is no Chaos Daemon player in my warhammer community, are the Chaos Deamons a hoarde army elite or what?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'll PM you about that so as not to get off topic. Trukks are pretty weak, huh?

What will keep the horde of boyz alive to make it across the field to get into combat? Just sheer numbers? I can still see them dropping pretty quickly. I haven't played Orks at all yet, but they look so fun and I love their comedy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.