Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bother you guys but I am looking to do a Fantasy converison and I may use the New Ork Trukk for it. What I am really hung up on is that I have no clue what size the Trukk is. Is it roughly the size of Fantasy Chariot base? (50mm wide and 100mm long)

Hopefully this is the right forum. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the modeling forum.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
The old model was a little shorter than the chariot base, but wider. For comfort, I always equate that the size of a true ork trukk should at least be similar size to a rhino. My trukks are a little longer, and slightly wider. Remember for conversations your only bound be being roughly of equal size. If you build the stock model as is, it should come out to a little narrower- slightly I believe, and slightly longer than the rhino pending what you actually put on it.

My trukks are the 2nd edition battlewagons. They are a nice size and not bad for the models. Opponents feel they work perfectly to reflect a true ork trukk.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I actualy play orks and space marines and after quikly comparing my trukk to a predator (whcih uses the rhino chasis, just with extra guns tacted on) they are the same size, although the trukk is a little more narrow in the front.

Its like about a length of 5.5 inches and just under 2 and 7/8 inches width.... unfortunately my tape measure doesn't have standard measurments on it T.T

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actualy play orks and space marines and after quikly comparing my trukk to a predator (whcih uses the rhino chasis, just with extra guns tacted on) they are the same size, although the trukk is a little more narrow in the front.

Its like about a length of 5.5 inches and just under 2 and 7/8 inches width.... unfortunately my tape measure doesn't have standard measurments on it T.T

Darn. I don't think it will work. It's almost twice as wide as a chariot base and 1.5 inches longer. I think that might ruffle some feathers having a model that has twice the LOS as the normal model.

In your opinion is there a way to make the trukk less wide? maybe by carefully cutting out about an inch in the middle? That would be a major undertaking but if possible I might be up for it. Certianly can't be much harder than building an original Scrapluancha!

BTW thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The new trukk kit is just ripe for conversion. Shouldn't be too much problem to get it how ya want it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new trukk kit is just ripe for conversion. Shouldn't be too much problem to get it how ya want it.

Alright then that seals it for me. I will pick one up and try it out. It will probably be a while as I have a side army I am in the middle of but I will post picks when I get this started or maybe done.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Oh ya the trukk should be easy to convert with. So many wonderful bits, you could easily cut things down to fit any size you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts