Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok...i want to collect orks...again. I used to collect hte Lootas/deathskulls, but now im thinking of a speed freaks army. But then i realised the 40k orks will come out next year (or something like that) and was wondering what i should get to start off the Kult Of Speed.

The thing i realised for deathskulls is that they look cool (with those looted vehicles who wouldnt) but sometimes impractical in game terms, and hard to use (unless youre a veteran..but im not). SO i decided what better way to put orks into cc, than in a speed freaks army.

Im definately not getting the wartrucks/buggys/storm boys until the new edition comes...But wondering what to start off with. Ive got 3 dethkoptas and converted Ghazkull ( he'll be me warboss) . So what else should i get that wont be remodelled in the new edition?

I know you guys wont know what model will be revamped...but as a suggestion...what do i need to get in the Kult of Speed (not including warbuggys/trucks)?? Suggestions only need to be a small amount of stuff as 1) im not rich like some people 2) i spend quite a fair bit of time on the models. Im thinking maybe ork slugga boys (bout 20 or so?), killa kans? dreads? you suggest, but also give a expaination with it.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Buggies and trukks are the bread and butter of kult of speed considering everything must start the game in a vehicle. you can make the army using battlewagons, however that leaves you with bikers for a troop slot if your not using buggies/trukks. I use a battlewagon heavy army, and its a blast to play although easy to beat.

I'd recommend starting with boyz

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im thinking of a 1500 pt army. I know i need some buggys/trucks/traks/battlewagon/bike - but ill get those later, when new models for them arrive. Ive been inspired to collect a speed freaks army by the new ork artwork - very orky.

So ill need to get slugga boyz, ghazkull, dethkoptas....

do you guys think mega armoured nobs are worth it?....are heavy armoured nobs good as a body guard to the warboss?...tank bustas and burna boys? Grots even?...i need suggestions for a cool looking and tough/playable army :( .

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Conversions never grow old! At least not as quick as standard models, the only thing that won't change for sure in the new codex is the look of the Ork Boyz. Maybe they get new sprues but I think the bodies will remain the same. In the meantime, make conversions!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here are some tactics for playing speed freaks.
http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/speed-freek-tactics/1/

I use skarboyz or hard boyz as the bodygaurd for my boss as I can take more of them than nobs for the same points. Truck boyz are the way so work on some slugga boyz. A mega armoured nob would be good to stick in each mob. Grot riggers are need on all vehicles. Also conversions rock so make your trucks out of rhinos and buggies out of landspeeders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts