Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post these interesting rumours up.

He's said that, as we all know by now, FW is now R&D for GW and that anything thats made a fair amount at FW will eventually head to plastic. The Baneblade is a good example of a supposidly 'impossible' kit heading to plastic. The Valk is likely to be the next because -
A) Planet Strike
B) Plastic stormies
The theory is that the combination should sell well and that if so, Valks will be incorperated into the main list.

The Thunderbolt falls into that grey area, and it depends greatly on whether 5th edition has rules for flyers in, and whether they return to Apoc. Whilst he said 'Were trying to do one superheavy for each race in plastic' (that last part caught my ear distinctly - so yes, Plastic Trygon and all the other Apoc goodies we've alll been promised). If theres flyer rules in 5th, then were not guaranteed a plastic thunderbolt, until AFTER Planet Strike as it's likely they'll have a crack at another flyer too (whats the point in flyer rules, if theres only one race that regularly uses em?)

He also said that Krieg have been a massive seller for FW, and that if we didn't get plastic greatcoats with next edition then he'd be extremely suprised as they were not only passed development, but they've begun work on the heavy weapons teams...
SO Greatcoats are being made, Valkyrie is most likely being made. Thunderbolt may be being made. And some other stuff like Trygon etc for Apoc are being made hopefully.

Its why these rumours (and confirmation) of a plastic thunderbolt initially confused me - its not like theres a massive price gap between that and a battle force - compared to the other FW kits, they are relatively affordable so it all depends on how cheap they can make it, and how there used in the game - dont be suprised to see them come in units and essentially be a more powerful sentenal squadron.

Also not sure if this has been posted anywhere - the guard tanks are getting variant sprues. So you'll see the demolisher come in plastic, likely with the baneblade as standard. You're also going to see the hellhound do the same with the Chimera kit. Oh yes, the guard are getting some love
This one appears to confirm a plastic Thunderbolt. Which is a great idea, maybe a new option in the new IG codex. Alos the variant sprues maybe the start of IG codex stuff?

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
And some other stuff like Trygon etc for Apoc are being made hopefully.

A plastic Trygon would be nice, though I already have a Trygon. I would of thought that it would be wiser to make a plastic Hierodule, they aren't that much bigger but they could have way more options. Basically make a standard Hierodule with options like the Baneblade can be a Hellhammer etc. Also the Hierodule models are becoming a little dated in terms of thier design look so a new model would be a good idea.

Thanks for those rumours, good to hear.8Y

·
Wher dat naked blue chik?
1,646 Posts
So where did you get these quotes from. This really isn't a rumor, just a generalization and prediction by an unknown source.

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
Maybe this means a plastic stompa!

I wonder what Chaos will get?
I doubt they would do a plastic Stompa, or an Ork heavy in the first place. All of this sounds expensive, and a little uneccessary on GW's part.

If anything Orks will get a Squiggoth, since it does have a design, Stompa's and the like greatly look different.

I think next to Imp's Ork's use the most flyers, for emperor's sake they got a book about a flying squadron :D

If they ever did an affordable Fighta Bomma, I would be all over that.

-K

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
NOW we are cooking with charcoal.

Plastic Valkyries and coats with lapels you can land a boeing on? Oh my yes....

·
Mad Modeling Master
669 Posts
Has there been any talk of the dates in which any of this will be released? I know the rumored Planet Strike is due this december but Im more interested in the IG tank varients spur. Plastic hellhounds and dems. would really help me out.

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
And the necrons would get... a plastic pylon! Oh yey! *Sarcasm levels reaching critical*

On a more serious note, I'd like to see immortals if they're gonna do some 'cron stuff. They look too bulky and undetailed at the moment :|

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Indeed, and I believe you actually may be getting your wish. The reason for this is that the Orks, alongside Spacemarines, are now one of GW flagship armies for 40K. Because of this they are getting the same attention that Spacemarines have had in regards to the sheer number of plastic sets that they have. ;)

JvK :happy:

·
179 Posts
I expect that a plastic battlewagon would sell well. It could be a basic plastic set with FW resin addons later to make it a battlefortress. There was a plastic battlewagon as one of the first vehicles in Rogue Trader, after the Rhino and Land Raider. I think this would sell better than a Squiggoth, anyway.

On another matter, I don't believe that GW is so well organised that FW is their designated, deliberate testing ground. Rather, now that FW has done better than anyone expected, GW can pick from already established product lines to add to the stuff they sell in the stores. But, to imagine that things are any better organised than that, sounds like the sort of conspiracy-theory thinking that besets a lot of players when the company makes decisions that they don't like.

It's more likely that FW has simply done a lot more business than anyone expected - especially with the Apocalypse line coming out. They make very good models, but at a high price. The Apocalypse writers did say that the big games are a chance to use FW products more, so that makes sense. But the delays in Christmas and later sales tell me that even GW's elite team of evil psychic accountants, hell bent on destroying the hobby that you love and support so whole heartedly, didn't see just how successful things would be.

Remember, GW is just a company selling a product to make a profit. Decisions are made, and mistakes, buy a bunch of guys who like selling wargames and model kits. They are not trying to upset you personally. Did you make a mistake or two at work or school this year? Did the world stop spinning?

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war. But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed..."

I seem to have strayed somewhat from my original point, which was:
Plastic Battlewagons for the WAAAGH!!!8X
Cheers,
TOMB
(My Blog)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.