Ratling snipers 8 = 80 points

Troops
1. Veteran Demos w/shotguns+ chimera "mobile"+ vox = 160
2. veterans w/shotguns+ chimera "turtles"+vox=130
3.veteran Grenadiers w/lasguns=100
total=390

Fast attack
1 Scout Sentinel Squadron =135
( 3 sentinels equipped with missile launchers)

Heavy Support
1. Leman Russ Battle tank
2. Medusa siege motar
total 285

Which should make 1,000 points on the dot.
So far i've faced armies like tyranids and orcs, with old army and got demolished @ the 500 range but with my new army , at a new point level this should turn the tide no?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Against Tyranids and Orks, I'd suggest taking as many template and ordnance weapons as possible.

HQ: Find the points to give the CCS some plasma or grenade launchers. Let them pound away at the enemy from the safety of the chimera.

Elites: Marbo is your friend here. At his low point cost (less than the Ratlings) he's a steal. Have him drop a demo charge on whatever is bothering you most and let him go to town.

Troops: Drop the vox network, that'll free up some valuable points. Give at least one vet squad melta guns for enemy MC and heavy vehicles. You might end up with more luck with a Platoon, as you can give your PCS all flamers (another template weapon, yay).

Fast Attack: Against more lightly armored foes (orks/tyranids) autocannons are your friend. Two shots per walker, easy to drop enemy transports and MC. Missile launchers are ok, I just think with the IG BS that you'd have more success with autocannons. If you really want missile launchers, give them HK missiles.

Heavy Support: Looks good.

No idea how many points these upgrades will take, but just some food for thought. :)

·
1,648 Posts
So far i've faced armies like tyranids and orcs, with old army and got demolished @ the 500 range but with my new army , at a new point level this should turn the tide no?
This list will get demolished as well. The only real threats you have on the field are the Medusa (which is easy to kill) and the Leman Russ. There isn't much hitting power in this list. You really aren't making the best use of your troops. I'll explain a bit more:

CCS+ chimera "eagle"+ vox = 110
Okay, what do you want this squad to do? Right now it has no special/heavy weapons and none of your squads are have any equipment that makes orders worth it. Can't issue orders to squads in vehicles either.

Ratling snipers 8 = 80 points
Snipers aren't very good. Rending is unreliable, pinning is even more unreliable. Low leadership also means that they will run very shortly after they start taking losses. I wouldn't take any, if you personally want them, keep the squad small (3-5).

1. Veteran Demos w/shotguns+ chimera "mobile"+ vox = 160
2. veterans w/shotguns+ chimera "turtles"+vox=130
3.veteran Grenadiers w/lasguns=100
total=390
Hoo boy. Three veteran squads and none of them have special weapons? That is not a good thing. Veterans are BS4 and can take 3 special weapon, use this to your advantage. Always take 3 guns. Grenadiers really isn't worth the points. A chimera or forward sentries is much better protection than 4+ armor.

Right now, these guys aren't even a threat. Most opponents will just ignored them and go after your heavy support. Once the tank and artillery are gone, you are done.

1 Scout Sentinel Squadron =135
( 3 sentinels equipped with missile launchers)
Scout sentinels are very useful, but they can't hit the broadside of a barn. I'd honestly only take mult-shot weapons on them. Multilasers or autocannons. A group of 3 really isn't needed at 1000. Two should be just fine.

1. Leman Russ Battle tank
2. Medusa siege motar
total 285
The Russ is a solid choice. Medusas are a bit iffy. The 36" range demolisher cannon is very nice, but AV12, open-topped is very easy to kill and the Medusa can't hide behind cover (gun cannot be fired indirectly). For an extra 30 points, a Demolisher is much harder to kill. Sure you lose range, but it's a great tank.

Overall you need to pick a role for each of your squad and kit them out to do the job. Make sure you have 2-3 units that can do the same job (this doesn't necessarily mean you have to take multiples of a certain unit). After that take a look at the whole of your army and think about how well everything works together. If something in the list seems off, or just doesn't mesh with the rest of the list, scrap it immediately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts