Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the WElves, and fairly new to Warhammer Fantasy. I have only played 4 games with my Wood Elves and I am undefeated. I would like to keep up the wins as I build up my army. So far I have/use the following, this is not my “list” but it is what I have so far:

Noble- Alter, Greatweapon, LightArmor, Shield, HoDoom, Helm of the Hunt -158
Branchwraith- lvl1, Cluster of Radiance, Befuddlement of Mischiefs- 165
SpellSinger, lvl2, Calaingor’s Stafe, Dispell Scroll -175

8 Dryads- Branch Nymph -108
10 Glade Guard -120
10 Glade Guard -120
5 Glade Riders – 120
5 Glade Riders – 120

6 Wild Riders- FC, Warbanner- 217

Total: 1303

I tend to lean towards a fast army list, taking all the horsemen and Noble every time. I just built a treeman and got a Noble on a horse, and a friend of mine says he has a single warhawk rider that I can have.

What else should I be looking to get if I want to focus on a fast/speedy army all the way to 2250?

·
Registered
241 Posts
If your looking for speed and you really enjoy cavalry grab another unit of Wild Riders. at 2250 you can use multiple alter nobles

some common builds include:
-Briarsheath
-Amber Pendent
-(GW,LA,S)

or

-Briarsheath
-Aramanthine Brooch
-(GW,LA,S)

Another fast option is the forest dragon. You might not think so as it is a huge beast, but it does fly and that 20inches is a long way. Speaking of flight Great Eagles are beautiful as well cheap and can fill multiple rolls.

Do not dismiss wardancers, but if you prefer strait speed 2 Units of Wild Riders and a Unit of War Hawks will suck up your special choices.

I do not like to create lists for other people since i dont know their play style and certain people just like certain things, but i hope this helped maybe fleshing out some ideas

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would say get some more warhawks! A unit of warhawks (3-5) is great to pester the enemy. And a unit of WH is always ready to make rare or flank charges! great when running a fast list. Then more Glade Riders and Wild Riders! I would throw in another unit of WR and maybe another of GR as well.

Some Waywatchers are great as well, even in fast lists! Since you can field them halfway the table before the game started, they are "fast" as well! And the 1 out of 6 instant kill arrows are pretty sweet as well! especially when playing against heavy cavalery units! (Empire knights of the inner circle, HE silver helms etc...)

as midvally said, I don't like to make a list for someone else... my playstyle is probably different then yours! Still I would like to see your list just for inspiration! If you want to see my list, I will post it ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Swapping your wraith for a TMA with the radient/netling upgrades can be a strong choice IMO.

Wardancers are a great addition to any list.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As m list is now at 1000 pts
NOBLE alter,great weapon,light armor, shield, helmof hunt,glamourweave- 158
Branchwraith lvl1,cluster,beffudlement- 165

Glade Guard x10- 120
Glade Riders x5- 120
Glade Riders x5- 120
Dryad x8- 96

Wild Riders x6, FC, warbanner- 217

For. A total of 996

When I run 1250 I use
Spellweaver lvl2, dispell scroll 150
10 more Glade Guards -120
Then I drop the glamourweave

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think warhwaks are pretty expensive (both to buy and to field). But still a unit of warhawks is great! It fullfils the role of the great eagle for march bloking purposes, but has more wounds, more attacks and it can shoot!

The next thing you need is probably a unit Wardancers or a unit Warhawks... why? simply because warhawks are great in a fast list. (20" flying movement!!) and wardancers are tricksters! The enemy wont expect the number of attacks, the high wardsave or the ASF (did I forget something?) :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
As m list is now at 1000 pts
NOBLE alter,great weapon,light armor, shield, helmof hunt,glamourweave- 158
-Glamourweave, +Hail of Doom will give you the 'Standard Alter' Hail of Doom arrow is your best friend.
Branchwraith lvl1,cluster,beffudlement- 165
Beffudlement isnt necessary, but it can be fun
Glade Guard x10- 120
Glade Riders x5- 120
Glade Riders x5- 120
Glade riders are more utility than anything really. One can usually suffice especially in low point games. Maybe drop one
Dryad x8- 96

Wild Riders x6, FC, warbanner- 217
The champion is rarely worth it

For. A total of 996

When I run 1250 I use
Spellweaver lvl2, dispell scroll 150 (spellsinger) and lvl 2 upgrade might not be worth it
10 more Glade Guards -120
Then I drop the glamourweave

Ok so if we drop a unit of GR and the champion in the wild riders that gives a 138 points, drop the Befuddlement and we have a nice 163 which is enough for a solid chunk of War Dancers! This is just my opinion. Originally i played lists like you fast lots of cav, but once i discovered the devastating effects war dancers can place on the field i have become a HUGE fan of them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts