Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am completely new to 40k but am interested in playing a 500 point game with a friend. I have very little knowledge of the game and would like to seek advise and this list I came up with. I know I am lacking potential defenses but know too little about the game to account for that so please be critical. Pretty much the only thing I really want from my team is the use of the battle suits, just because I'm a noob and they look cool. The rest of the list is me trying to wrap my head around the game and use all my points.

500 Pts - Tau Army

1 Commander Shas'el (HQ) @ 97 Pts
Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array
Hard-wired multi-tracker

1 Crisis Battlesuit Team Leader (Elites) @ 77 Pts
Hard-wired multi-tracker

1 Crisis Battlesuit Team Leader (Elites) @ 77 Pts
Hard-wired multi-tracker

1 Broadside Battlesuit Team Shas'vre (Heavy Support) @ 100 Pts
Smart Missile System; TL Railgun; Shield Generator

6 FireWarrior Team (Troops) @ 88 Pts
Pulse Rifle (x6)

1 Shas'ui
Bonding Knife
EMP Grenades

6 FireWarrior Team (Troops) @ 60 Pts
Pulse Rifle (x6)

Models in Army: 17

Total Army Cost: 499

·
Registered
34 Posts
uhm so... lets see... suits are good... There's no point taking a 'vre broadside... so save the 10 points! he should cost 90. DO NOT GIVE FIREWARRIORS EMP GRENADES. use those points to bond your other squad. you need your troops to hold objectives not go around chasing tanks. that's what your broadside is for! I also think you should sub out your elites for Deathrain suits (TL Missle Pods) Cheaper and probably better for a 500 point game. ALSO consider the Centurion build for your commander =) In a 500 point game it should be pretty beast.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah in 500pts your suits should be cheap and numerous...

6 FW - 60
10 K w/ 2 hounds - 82
Broad w/ SD - 85
Shas'el FK - 87
3 Shas'ui FK - 186

= 500pts

thats what i would play :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts