Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everybody has started a new army, but i want to build mine from the ground with a strong storey line to keep the interet and excitement in the game. I was thinking winning battles would get my men more equiptment and more men.. Does anyone have any idea's or have heard of good story lines that would build a team up from the very basics and still be intertesting?

·
Registered
93 Posts
What armies do your frineds have?

If you play orks you could put some ork bits on new men because they are scavenging from the previous battle.....

Please take the time to spell out your words. Thanks. ~LN

·
Registered
437 Posts
A scavenger army doesn't sound too unlikely.

Guard would probably be the most likely army for this circumstance. Possibly Orks, they do the entire scavanging thing.

Tell us more about the background, homeworld, why they behave as they do in battle. Priorities, mission types they attempt.

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Orks would be a great army for that sort of thing! Your guys could be a small warband of freebootaz that wander around the galaxy pillaging and plundering, taking equipment from the people that they kill. As they start to get richer and more successful, they start attracting Mekboyz to their ranks who are able to make bigger and better boomstikks, and a few flashy trukks for the army. Then, they run afoul of a Guard army with a Leman Russ...and then loot it. Now with a looted Leman Russ to their credit, the Mekboyz begin to make more and more creative and fiendish designs, culminating in some sort of mega gargant. And then you have a full and proper WAAAAAAAGH!

EDIT: Whoops, yeah, I sorta...went off track there. Sorry. But yeah, do post your basic concept and we can give you some ideas.

·
Registered
93 Posts
the thread is about a space marine army sooooo........ you dont necesarily scavenge but your company commander could have some big dents in his armor, or has a ork knife, or some sort of bit that has reference to who you normally play. I have orks and sence I play my friend with them, he has put ork bits on some of his IG to make some ork hunters, tell us about your army and then we can give you some good ideas

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thats very interesting, lol, i happen to dislike orks alot, haha, so thats nevcer going to work for me. lol. umm, army is not very big yet, its being built around the captian, and is going to slowly go from just tactical marines to adding assult marines and stuff... I dont think they will have a very religious background, maybe a desperate one...? yeah, i'm quite stuck with it..

·
Registered
394 Posts
From the way it sounds, I'd recommend working with the premis of everyone starting with basic equipment. Except mabye your commander, and slowly build them up. Mabye really go crazy and start with a Captain and a couple of scout squads, and as they get more and more experience in battle. Mark your more impressive squads by getting them upgrades faster than the others, perhaps mabye even to show where their specialty lies. A scout squad who's better at shooting for example you might wanna give them sniper rifles and a missle launcher or heavy bolter. Later on they could become a Devestator squad, meanwhile another squad who's excelent on assault.... Gives you an assault squad later.

When all else fails, look at the codex and rulebook. It shows all sorts of ideas on how units get better and alot more noticable as time goes on.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm lucky because of where I live, I have a chance of playing every kind of army. So other than that, I really can't give you any advice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
thats cool but i was actually wondering about darkness haha

but darkness what teams do you play or do you have any other armies

If you have multiple and different armires you can swap bits to add variety.

and if a squad does especially good you could give them a trophie from the opposing force.

For example say a tactical squad always dies from geting shot. You can carve or drill bullet holes in your squad. Or if a squad of yours does very well in close combat put dead boddies on the base with slash and stab marks. or just put heads on the base that have cuts on them.

Also I might be able to help with your story line and fluff once you reply.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my armies..

well i play sm mainly, have a large black templar force 2,000 plus, but i got bored with that, and for competitions the paint job isnt good enbough to win me much, so i started over in a new scheme.. i also have about 1,000 points of tau, and lots of other armies just none that i've done anyhting with, maybe 1,000 points of old model tyranids...

·
Registered
93 Posts
ok and what armies do you normally fight, what is the focus of this army (shooting,close combat,vehicles ect)

also for fluff do u have a chapter name and a chapter master name

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
umm, well the chapter name is called Stormguard, and the leader is Captain Crisious. The colour is bleached bone armour pads and trims, with a codex grey major paint scheme. I have about 15 men in all that i'm commiting to the army so far. 2 have power fists, one has a power sword and the rest either have just normal weapons and some heavy weapons. so that a hell of a mix to start a fresh army, lol. I fight mainly SM, with some necrons and tau thrown into the mix...

·
Registered
93 Posts
cool idea

if u play tau then you would most likly be on the eastern edge of the galaxy.

have u made a model for your captain yet?

im surprised u picked 9th company for your captain to lead.

how long has your captain been in charge?

are they on a crusade, or a campaign?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i just picked a random number, i don't want it to be a very imporant force yet, Captain Crisious is still just freshly promoted. I used the librarium mephinston model for him, he has some blood angels markings but he works well for a captian model i believe. Hmm. Eastern edge sounds good actually, might make them begin by fighting the advancing tau slowly, i have a friend who plays necrons and recently got my board back from him, so i can play games now. Woot. First battle will be tomorrow if i can fit it in. 500 pts Storm Gaurd vs 500pts tau. Crisious needs this one to build his team a stronghold on a world in the eastern fringe.

·
Registered
93 Posts
well the ninth company is a reserve company so just thought that was odd.

the second third forth and fifth are battle companies while the sixth seventh eighth and ninth companies are reserves. the tenth is the scout company filled with new recruits.

Sound like a cool idea for useing the mephiston model. I have it cuz i play blood angels and it looks very good. If you win this battle and make this ur stronghold you could then say it has necron tombs on it.

good luck with the fight and tell me how it goes

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i had the battle around 400 points each, tau set up in the ruins and i had to charge across the board to assult them. It was brutal trying to get there, after sending two squads i ended up with a vet seargent with a power sword, and captain crisious getting to the tau lines, of the 16 men i started with 4 survived the battle, lol. Crisious and the seargent procedded to massacre the tau army in every assult. They didnt take a wound and killed almost the entire army. lol. I'd have to say the veteran seargent was the man of the match. And i am very sorry to have been shot to pieces by the tau, lol. But it was a fun game, very simple and entertaining.

Crisious and his force now have a footing on the world, they can start recruiting more marines from he rest of the chapter soon. But the tau have another attack coming tomorrow. and maybe crisious won't be so lucky this time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That is very cool!

you should make a name for this world and turn the battle into a stroy and then bam u got fluff.

Make a name for the sergent and make him Crisious's best frined in the army

Reactions: darkness55

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I should, great idea. He is now Veteran Seargent Markus. Excelling in close combat he weilds a power sword and a chain sword. Any idea's for the world name? ANd after the battle its clear the the stormguard that they need more heavy weapons and are asking for either an assult squad, or a tactical squad with a heavy bolter. I'll roll a dice to see which one they get.. ANd a 5 man tactical squad with a heavy bolter is on its way for the next game. Hopefully that will add some troop chewing power. Now this is some fun 40k.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The lists have been drawn up for the 500point battle tomorrow hopefully for Stormguard vs Tau. The Tau have seen the storm guard are now choosing the best terrain advatgeous positions and have brought in a new Crisis battle suit and a devil fish. I do hope the heavy bolter can take down that battle suit, and i'm counting on my missile launcher to deal with the devilfish. But all troops vs some hard hitting elite tau it will be tough.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.