Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just grabbed my copy of the new white dwarf.
I like the 2 new formations a lot (Eldar player here). I hope they keep adding them, and I hope that more people start to play spearhead!

Skystorm Spearhead...36" move, shoot, then disembark and assault!...Yes PLEASE!!!!
Destroyer Spearhead...get a pre-1st turn shooting phase...mmmmmmm could be good...could be bad.

Thoughts?

·
FW has all my cash
225 Posts
Just grabbed my copy of the new white dwarf.
I like the 2 new formations a lot (Eldar player here). I hope they keep adding them, and I hope that more people start to play spearhead!

Skystorm Spearhead...36" move, shoot, then disembark and assault!...Yes PLEASE!!!!
Destroyer Spearhead...get a pre-1st turn shooting phase...mmmmmmm could be good...could be bad.

Thoughts?
Ok.. so i'll resist the urge to go ballistic as I've not actually seen the formations and what units we're actually talking about here... but Eldar hardly need anything else to make them more shooty...

a 36" move/shoot/assault is ridiculous

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but spearhead is played lenghtwise so the 36" only gets you half way up the table. But there are plenty of spearhead formations that are brutal.
It does seem that Eldar fare the best in Spearhead as we have a load of skimmer-tanks and are one of the few armies that can actually use every spearhead.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Destroyer spearhead allows three of your choices to fire ALL WEAPONS before the game begins...

DEATHSTRIKES

The Emperor Protects

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup, would be brutal to use it for you Deathstrikes. You would get all 3 shots guaranteed in a single volley! It might also force your opponent to start in reserves. Though you are then left with 3 virtually empty chassis. Though they can still hold/contest objectives!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
yup, would be brutal to use it for you Deathstrikes. You would get all 3 shots guaranteed in a single volley! It might also force your opponent to start in reserves. Though you are then left with 3 virtually empty chassis. Though they can still hold/contest objectives!
If your opponent all reserves you can opt not to fire then, them reserving will still increase he chance of your tanks firing as they will have a few turns unmolested as the missiles prepare to launch.

Then when your opponent does show up mst of his stuff will come from the far short table edge, and will take a few turns to get into position, by that time the deathstrike has fired.

Well the deathstrike is always left as an empty chasis after it fires, this isn't anything new.

The Emperor Protects

·
Registered
1 Posts
My partner and i commonly subject the standard battalion, utilizing blood angel units (6 tac sqds together with rhinos, 2 devastator squads, 2 assault squads). My partner and i acquire Dante and also an recognition guard since the HQ. I usually create a pair of squads of scouts, 10 terminators, 3 dreadnaughts, as well as a 30 gentleman dying corporation, 1 territory raider crusader, and also 2 Baal predators while I have to subject a great deal of things.

Now, that will seem like a good power. However, in opposition to a number of the ultra web template tools in existence, My partner and i receive swallowed in place. A friend has together with many (I imply almost every one) with the eldar unique figures as well as 6 prism tanks as well as revenant titans. That they take our lunch time.

What is actually the best way to strengthen our hearth electric power? Warhound? Thunderhawk?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts