Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Cheeeese
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picture of the new stormraven is floating around.

GW seems to have placed it on their website by a mistake. It's gone now, but a few downloaded it.

stormraven.jpg

Myself i'm a little meh. Could have been a worse model, but also better.

Link for discussion is here: linky. And kudos to Tomalock for snatching picture.

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
Got to say its a prety poor effort if its real.

It looks like a big mech has had a go at it. You can expect the to re-replicate certain aspects of the marine range into its build but you can clearly see the inverted land raider chassis, and all the bits from the IG valkyrie, and where they join there are quite large amounts of dark shading in the paintwork which makes me think that this is maybe just someones pet project rather than future release.

If it is the real deal however, i would only choose to buy it over the Valkyrie model if it was cheaper. The Valkyrie just looks to have had so much more work put into it and it tells.

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Hmmmmm. If this truely the model then somebody is going to be in a lot of trouble however I am inclined to believe that this is an extremely well done kit bash using land raider, valkyrie and hellhound parts. Despite this however what swings this in favour of it being the real deal is the speed with which it was taken down and the fact the the writing is a page from a much larger document.

This is the writing that went with it. It appears Nick Bayton is the one who painted it.

Over the next few pages, we will be taking a look at how to paint the Blood Angels Stormraven Gunship, including how to weather the vehicle and paint the interior detail. A great addition and centrepiece model for any Blood Angels army, this will be an invaluable guide to help you get the most from this fantastic kit.

Death from Above
The Stormraven Gunship is an incredibly versatile craft, able to fulfill the roll of orbital dropship, armoured transport and strike aircraft in a way that few, or indeed any, ships could hope to match. The Stormraven ensures that the Blood Angels remain undisputed masters of the skies, as dominant in the air as their troops are on the ground. Smaller and nimbler than the more cumbersome Thunderhawk Gunships, the Stormraven's compact hull and vectored thrusters enable it to operate at maximum efficiency in all but the densest terrain. A Stormraven can often be seen hurtling straight into the heart of the enemy forces, unleashing its considerable arsenal in a terrifying display of firepower, before disgorging a squad, Dreadnought, or even both, into the thick of the fighting.

On the tabletop
With its potent firepower, speed and transport capacity, the uses of a Stormraven on the battlefield are myriad, but its role of choice is as an unparalleled assault vehicle. With a huge variety of weapon options, and no less than four tank-busting Bloodstrike Missiles, both enemy infantry and vehicles alike fear drawing the attention of its guns. A transport capacity of 12 combined with the ability to safely carry a Dreadnought to battle as well certainly proves the Stormraven to be a transport vehicle of the very finest quality. This unique combination of speed, firepower and transport capacity means that a Stormraven can support any tactical preference, so there is always a place for it in any Blood Angels army.

Nick: A Stormraven will be the focal point of your army, so it's well worth giving it a lot of attention when painting it. These techniques can effectively be applied to any other vehicles in your Blood Angels army too, so keep this in mind and you will have a great looking fleet of vehicles in no time. I painted this Stormraven to match the battleforce that I painted for the Blood Angels army workshop in February 2011's White Dwarf; it's part of the 3rd Company, in keeping with the rest of the models. As a personal touch, I've weathered the model to appear heavily battle worn, but if you wish to keep your vehicle in pristine condition, skip page 6 and you'll have an immaculate vehicle, fresh as if at the beginning of a campaign.
JvK B)

·
Registered
804 Posts
It looks... like it'll cost £35 :(

·
Proud banner bearer of LO
945 Posts
Oh dear... if this is real.... it looks like they chopped the front off a Thunder Hawk then made a mould out of it. Perhaps the box should be marked as, 'Conversion kit for Valkyrie.'

Would like a closer look at the Furioso dread though, from what I can see, I think it will do a great deal better than its flagging spotlight hogging winged fiend of a model.

·
Registered
804 Posts
It's funny that we get a pic of the storm raven and very quickly we move onto the tiny blurred pic of the furioso in the corner XD

We 40k players are never satisfied are we?

Reactions: major moss

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I think I'll reserve judgement on the model until I see one built up in store but initial thoughts ? I still want a Thunderhawk. Rep for you Tyfus for the picture.

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
So they 'accidently' let that out eh?Yeah right...Anyways,reminds me a carbage collector with wings and guns.Hell no its a flying whale!!!

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Oh... Oh, wow. That... That is...

That's possibly the fugliest thing I've seen in a loooong time.

It's a damned box with stupidly stubby wings coming out of its equally stupidly stubby tail, all of which looks like it's glued to a stick on the back of the thing - THE WINGS AREN"T EVEN PROPERLY ATTACHED TO THE HULL!!

Bleh!!!

If that's the actual model, I'll never buy one and I doubt many others will, either. WTF is GW thinking?!?

·
Knight-Champion
2,141 Posts
I have to concur, and I must say my own initial thought "fugly" was something I have seen echoed everywhere I have seen this picture posted.

I mean COME ON.
How can anybody have approved this POS?

I was sceptical to begin with, but now I'm definitely going to start saving for a FW Thunderhawk, even though it will cost 10 times what one of these will. No way am I having this piece of crap in any of my armies.

I just hope this is all a sick joke.

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
that thing is disgusting, no way are my Blood Scythes going into battle in that pice of crap, is Drop pods for me, and i will be getting a Thunderhawk in the end, screw that pice of Junk.

·
4,967 Posts
I have to agree it is dissapointing. And to think rumour has it that the grey knights will be using them too. I think my daemonhunters will stick with teleporting.

How does the dread fit inside it? The door doesn't seem big enough. Does the dread fit behind the lower hull on external mag clamps similar to the Valk variant for the Elysian buggies?

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
How does the dread fit inside it? The door doesn't seem big enough. Does the dread fit behind the lower hull on external mag clamps similar to the Valk variant for the Elysian buggies?
No they just strap it with tape!

Scares me more than the Orcs!

OMG,the only good use i can think for this thing is for an orc player!It particulary screems: Oh new shiny junk boyzzzz,and it flyes too!!

Edit:I noticed that the think has 2 flamers in front????????Ok thats very usefull for an aircraft fluffwise/realitywise...

Next release will be a new spacemarine land raider which has its tracks on top and the gun barrels bellow.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Awful model. All I got to say. Hope it is not GW and just someone who made it on their own.

·
2,076 Posts
a pretty piss poor effort really.
Lets hope it is a kit bash and not the final product

1 - 20 of 146 Posts