Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - doesn't seem anyone official is going to be doing this, so I thought I'd make an announcement. They handed me the keys to the big-boy toys, and I have been promoted up to supermod. Some of you, I realize, may not know me - I used to hang around the Fantasy end of the site primarily. I'm on here almost every day though, and I've been lurking being the scenes trying to make LO a better place for us all (yes, even you filthy 40k players ;)).

So if you guys need help or have suggestions, feel free to come and find me (cause problems, and I'll find you). I'll be making rounds, cleaning up the forums over the next few days. Blowing the dust off, as it were.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Whoa, I didn't even know apotheosis was possible. Congrats!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Having recently just joined I have to say the site is pretty quiet. There are some great older threads on painting/modelling tip and work in progress, but most other threads seem for lack of a better word dead.

Maybe time to spread the word about the group on facebook or something? Stir up some interest?

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kongzerno - spreading out onto Facebook isn't a bad idea at all, and is one that I can certainly pass on to the site owners. I think that we used to have a FB page, but I don't know how well it was "linked in" with the site, and I believe that it has long since fallen by the wayside.
It's worth pointing out that all of us, up through the mods and even a few Admin slots, are unpaid. We volunteered for our roles, and carry on out of love for the community. A few of us have been prodding the owners for some changes, but also don't want to end up essentially running, promoting, and growing the site ourselves. I think that if any of us had that kind of ambition or dedication, we would start up our own site and try to at least profit from our labors.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I fully understandthe work for free and the work that goes into adminning. I'm the admin for a 8k strong gaming trading group on facebook (warhammer and warhammer 40k for sale or buy).

I think you may be better off simply advertising this site on facebook fan pages rather than starting a facebook page as thats a lot of hassle and would lack the neat layout provided here. A couple of groups I would suggest throwing a post up in to are:

A fansite for Gamesworkshop
Warhammer 40k
warhammer 40,000

They've got memberships varying between 12 and 20k so might send some people this way. I've spotted Awaken Realms around here and he posts regularly there and I've had dealings with him myself.

A good lure may be to share some of the WIP/tutorial pages. Do it as a sort of "need some hobby hints, tips, cheats? then check out the lirarium online forums. We've got whole sections dedicated to it. Painting techniques. We've got you covered: LINK, Modelling hints : LINK or maybe you want to watch someones progress pics: LINK. whatever it is we've got something for you."

Just a thought :p

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Cheers for the advice KingZero and welcome to the Forum as well by the way. You're right, we are a shadow of our former selves. There's been a steady decline over the years - We've lost some very active and enthusiastic members leaving the likes of myself and Sarathai the carry to torch. Our forum had a very good, knowledgeable and active Fantasy following but the death of 8th Edition pretty much cleared 75% (as far as I can tell) of our members out. We're still reeling from this.

We're now in a state of 'where do we go from here'. I'm about to add some more content to our Tutorial thread and I'm up to do any requests so long as it's in my skills. Facebook is a great idea. You can link that to the Warhamer 40k Fansite on FB which is very active indeed. That might get some more footfall around here.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The converting/painting is what lured me here following a google search and atm I think that'll be the strength of the site until the other threads start picking up.

Sadly AOS killed fantasy for a lot of people, so much so I sold my 7-8k orc force I'd built up since first getting into the hobby.

It's also worht noting this site seems to skip past filters that prevent sites being looked at on work machines. I'm a government bod and this is literally the only community a work comp will let me access!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
A late congrats, Cap'n!! I, too, have fell a bit by the wayside with fantasy taking the proverbial dump.

And, I have noticed your recent efforts to pump things up in the forums!!!!

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Congrats Captain! on the promotion and sticking it out here. After a long period of mourning I have returned (not sure if that means I will bring anyone else back but it is a start)

Nice to see some familiar names here still.

Regards,
Welcome back. Hopefully we will start to see a return of some more of the old faces. :)

JvK B)

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just noticed this. Congrats Captain, it's well deserved! LO mightn't be the biggest community these days, it's still one of the friendliest and most supportive. Long may it continue!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts