Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do u all think of the new tank rulz...the one that realy ticks me off is the rule that if the ordanance blast isnt center on the tank then u get half strength.... <_<

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bwah ha ha!! The thundering juggernaught of ig armour rolls on! Really its another attempt at realisticy. A blast will not puncture tank armour, it usually takes a direct shell impact, this will bring more high strength, long range weapons into play for anti-tank purposes. Although I imagine sentinals survivability factor has gone up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I think the new rules are awesome. The ability to have a mobile guard army, with actually mobile vehicles makes me quite pleased. I can't wait to have my guard advancing next to my armored vehicles. I already am doing that now with hellhounds, but to have a Russ lumbering forward firing shells in to the enemy lines... that's just fearsome :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Originally posted by Chilly McFreeze@Oct 22 2003, 12:01
Where are these new rules? Are they in White Dwarf or something?
Yes, I am with Mr. McFreeze on this one. Where's the rules? I heard something about GW Australia or something.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the new TVR rules are awesome! I mean it makes my tanks far more deadly and they add a bit of living to my tanks...atleast turn 2...lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Err... I'll second that question and go "Where the hell are those rules to be found?" :) I've been quite curious ever since I found out about them. I've heard most of it, but I haven't been able to locate the rules. So speak up, those of you who've actually read the rules!

/Phreedh

·
Registered
213 Posts
i'm an ip player and i hope you got ist roung
what? do you mean " im an ig player and i hope that you've got it wrong?"

anyways, i think the new rules sre out in the european white dawrf's. so here in america we dont have them for another month. but i hate the new rules for transports- they ruined my rhino rush with my precious wolves... :angry:

·
Registered
84 Posts
the new rules suck they give space marines too big an advantage bcoz they r the only ones that can assault after moving in a vehicle(land raider crusader) i am not using any transports ever again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well what about the fact a Russ can move a shot is Battle cannon or that A russ can move and fire a Lacannon and 2 heavy bolters.

The Raider is Mininal and Only one ever in most games.

·
Registered
213 Posts
space marines too big an advantage bcoz they r the only ones that can assault after moving in a vehicle(land raider crusader) i am not using any transports ever again.
r u serious!? if so thats crazy awsome for my wolfies! so r u sayin that only space wolves emerging from a land raider crusader can assault? or any space marine emerging from a vehicle?

·
Registered
84 Posts
im sayin that only space marines (of any chapter can assault after gettin out of a vehicle the land raider crusader which really sucks balls!

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Actually, it's not just the land raider crusader. It's the Land Raider, LR Crusader and ANY open topped vehicle. So, in other words, Space Marines and Orks can still charge after the vehicle moves.
As an IG player tho, this doesn't concern me in the least. I have a squad of Ogryn that I used as assault troops, but I've been wanting to try out a squad of Ratlings anyhow, so I'll just switch over when they change the rules.
What DOES bother me is two things:
1) The rule about the little hole being over a tank or else you get 1/2 power. That's just plain silly. I'm in the military, and let me tell you I've seen a 98 pound artillery shell land 50 meters from a tank and flip the damn thing over. That's as good as destroyed in my book. Hell, I've seen the same shell blow the tracks off of a tank at 100 meters, which is what an Immoblized result IS.
It's my belief that GW is using this rule to make up for a total lack of deployment skill on many players parts. I've taken out three Rhinos in one turn with a Basilisk hit because the idiot put them so close together that you couldn't fit a sheet of paper between them. Instead of catering to whiney, no tactics, losers they should just let the template stand as it is.
2) The rule that Guess range weaponry will have the guess removed is realllly lousy. Especially since you scatter 2d6 if you don't have LOS. 2d6 is a LONG way to scatter on such a small battlefield. Our modern artillery nowadays is accurate within 1 meter from 12 MILES away. Oh yeah, god forbid you roll a nightfight mission with the new guess rules, cause then your scatter roll just became 4d6. You could shoot your own damn basilisk on a lousy enough roll like that. :(

I hope these rules aren't final or anything, cause my ordinance just became a lot weaker if they are.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Originally posted by H0urg1ass@Nov 5 2003, 21:47
What DOES bother me is two things:
1) The rule about the little hole being over a tank or else you get 1/2 power. That's just plain silly. I'm in the military, and let me tell you I've seen a 98 pound artillery shell land 50 meters from a tank and flip the damn thing over. That's as good as destroyed in my book. Hell, I've seen the same shell blow the tracks off of a tank at 100 meters, which is what an Immoblized result IS.
It's my belief that GW is using this rule to make up for a total lack of deployment skill on many players parts. I've taken out three Rhinos in one turn with a Basilisk hit because the idiot put them so close together that you couldn't fit a sheet of paper between them. Instead of catering to whiney, no tactics, losers they should just let the template stand as it is.
2) The rule that Guess range weaponry will have the guess removed is realllly lousy. Especially since you scatter 2d6 if you don't have LOS. 2d6 is a LONG way to scatter on such a small battlefield. Our modern artillery nowadays is accurate within 1 meter from 12 MILES away. Oh yeah, god forbid you roll a nightfight mission with the new guess rules, cause then your scatter roll just became 4d6. You could shoot your own damn basilisk on a lousy enough roll like that. :(

I hope these rules aren't final or anything, cause my ordinance just became a lot weaker if they are.
I agree, the "hole over target" rule is super retarded. Maybe on an indirect hit there wouldn't be as much damage. But isn't that what we have "Crew Stunned" and "Immobilized" for?

I hope Guessing remains the same. I love guessing range, waiting for the opponent to tell me that I'm way off, then having the shell land right on target. Firing a shell 10 feet and having 30 people in disbeliefe as it landed right on target from my accurate 126" guess is my most memorable moment ever playing the game. If these rules come into affect, my Basilisk might as well retire.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Damn thease rules i dont like
that russes can move and shoot i a bit more realistic

but they compleatly killed barrage wepons What is this whit "if the shoot scatters and goes under the minimum range of hte gun the shoot is lost :( " so if i guess 47" and hte shoot scatters 12" (remeber 2d6) towards my own lines then ending 35" from my lines it gets lost :C damn ***** what the heck happens whit it ARRGH

the half strenght hits for not hitting whit hte center of the blast i can understand but they should change it so it makes a full strenght hit but only glancing

hmm suck!

ps: sorry for all the strong words used in this post :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.