Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im new to this site and i recently started playing tau and would love some critiquing. I mainly play ig so there are many vehicles on the map.

HQ
Shas'o-missle pod-plasma rifle-hard-wired drone controller- 2 shield drones= 137pts.

Elite
Crisis Team 1
Shas'ui-flamer-fusion blaster-targeting array-hard -wired drone controller-2 shield drones-leader=127 pts.
Shas'ui-flamer-missle pod-targeting array=46pts

Crisis Team 2
Shas'ui-targeting array-leader-hard -wired drone controller-2 shield drones-missle pod-fusion blaster=89pts
Shas'ui-flamer-burst cannon-targeting array=42pts.

Troops
12 fire warriors-devilfish=200pts
12 fire warriors-devilfish=200pts
12 fire warriors=120pts
12 kroot=84pts
12 kroot-84pts

Fast attack
8 pathfinders-devilfish=176pts
2 piranhas-2 multi trackers=140pts

Heavy Support
Broadside Team 1
3 Broadsides-3 targeting arrays=225pts
3 Broadsides-3 targeting arrays=225pts
Hammerhead-railgun-smart missle system=160pts

Just wondering if this was good. tryed it against bt and it just cut through everything.

·
Registered
143 Posts
your XV8s have weak loadouts in my opinion, but if it works...

you might also wana give one team of broads a.s.s instead of ta. that way they have some mobility, incase you get a crowded map

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know what to put on them but i could drop the piranhas for more upgrades, anyone have and suggestions? thanks, any more suggestions?

·
Registered
730 Posts
im suggesting devilfishes for your fire wariors. your 2 man crisis team is all over the place, u want crisis suits to be equipped with one specialty of wea[pn so they can do 1 job very well.

·
Registered
319 Posts
As said by Blasterdude3, your crisis teams are crazy.

It's tempting to make the teams with weapons to let them seemingly deal with any and all occasions, but by statistics of the dice, you are actually making them less likely to survive. Crisis teams are best put into specialized teams focused on one task or goal, and held in reserve or launched into the fray depending on that goal.

For instance, twin linked fusion blasters make a good anti-tank rear armor smasher, but they have short range. Thus people often deepstrike them to hit enemy armor. Since they are being deepstriked to the position they are also pretty much suicide suits... thus people usually make their points low, and deploy them in single suit teams. This maximized the point trade off. Other setups like the Fireknife is a plasma rifle and missile pod to provide good firepower with maximized range for harrassment and fade combat. Missiles give you light armor punch at good range, and the plasma rifle can cut through marine power armor and such with also good range.

Twin linked flamers makes a suit a very good horde control suit or team... but doesn't let them deal at range... you have given seemingly random weapons scattered about inside your teams... so while at range one suit of the team can shoot at limited effect, then as the enemy get closer the second suit can join in... but now your team is overrun and the flamer on one of the team might have scored you a couple of kills, but you just like 150+ points for a handful of kills to a unit that probably comes out victorious.

Simply put... think up specific jobs for the crisis teams, and have them equiped to accomplish it, crisis suits seem to carry the Tau's burdens, but without the rest of your army's support they fall quickly.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
you also haven't looked at Multi-trackers on battlesuits so they can fire both weapons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Disruption pods on all vehicles are a must. Take out one squad of fire warriors, and cut another down to 6 members with no upgrades to steal the Pathfinder fish and grab objectives. As others have said, make your crisis suits specialized. Since you have plenty of rail guns and pulse fire, I'd make most of them MEQ killers, either Helios (plas/fusion/multitracker) or Fireknife (plasma/missiles/multitracker.) Give your broadsides A.S.S. over TA. Put multitrackers on all suits with 2 weapons.

Hope that random jumble of words helps. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
My proverbial God you have a lot of firewarriors there. I personally would seriously cut down on firewarrior squad sizes and take another crisis team and max the size, these guys are essential. Check out some guides to Crisis configurations/ loadouts to see what takes your fancy.

Suits
I personally prefer the MEQ munching helios; 3x plasma + melta + MT, with a team leader having bonding knife and 2 shield drones. AP 1,2 rapes MEQ at close range, especially with ML support to take down the cover save. Although this is a relatively expensive team; 226 pts

A good cheap yet effective config. is Deathrain: 3 x tl-missile pods + TA or BSF (if you're feeling really cheap) + team leader with 1 shield drone; 153-174 pts
Not bad for 6 S7 AP4 75/89% chance to hit shots.

Cuts
I'd drop down to 3 squads of 8, retaining the 'fish. And also Kroot are relatively useless in groups <20 (with hounds obviously) unless you're going to use them to camp in woods or try and grab a cheeky objective, for which purpose I'd take groups of 10. These cuts give you 148 pts to play with.

I'm not keen on Broadsides squads of 3. Some are any they will annihilate nearly anything with 1 round of shooting but I find 2 usually is fine. I definitely would take 2 squads though, I'd rather have a 2nd Railhead for versatility and to free up another ~55 pts.

Fast
Either drop the Piranhas or make them useful i.e. give them meltas. Take off the MTs and replace with TAs to keep them cheap, and give one DP so the whole squad counts as being in cover (1 of 2 is 1/2 .'. squad considered in cover). Cheeky tank hunting objective grabbers.

Heavy
I never take SMS on Hammerheads. I'd rather take the 2 Bursts for 1/2 the points and buy an MT, allowing it to move and fire like a fast vehicle; move 12" and still fire the railgun? priceless. Also, as stated earlier DP are essential

And ASS on Broadsides are preferable for me. The ability to move and fire outweighs the 14% increased chance to hit imo as it can be easy to keep tanks out of Broadside LoS.

MT (multi-tracker), BSF (blacksun-filter), TA (targetting array), ASS (advanced stabilising systems), DP (disruption pods)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts