Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I havn't posted in a while but since finishing all my current warhammer armys and my Malifaux warbands i have decided to give tau a go. But one catch, No to limited suits =D I have looked at a 1500 point list all the way to a final 3000 point list and would just like to see what people think about them.

-1500-
Aun'va (XXX)
12 Fire warriors, Shas'ui, marker-light and target-lock (132)
Barracuda (XXX)
Barracuda (XXX)
Barracuda (XXX)
3 Firesight marksmen, 9 sniper drones (174)
Skyray (XXX)
Hammerhead, Subunition rounds, Longstrike, Twin-linked Smart missile system, Disruption pods (190)
-2000-
Commander Shadowsun, 2 MV52 Shield Drones (175)
6 Stealth Suits, 2 Fuisionblasters, 2 Target-locks (200)
Hammerhead, Ion Cannon, Twin-linked Smart missile system (125)
-3000-
20 Kroot, Kroot Shaper, 3 Krootox riders, 4 Kroothounds (230)
10 Pathfinders (XXX)
Tiger Shark AX-1-0 (XXX)

I love the forge world flyers so i wanted to really capitalise on them and I think spacepope is my favourite part of the tau codex so it felt right to take Shadowsun with him. As far as the rest of the army its more or less a (sit back and shoot) situation whilst benefiting from the Spacepopes special ability's. The army has Aun'va as its warlord with Commander shadowsun, the sniperdrones, kroot and pathfinders as a allied detachment (or as a second one just by chucking over a unit of pathfinders). So that's that, tell me what you think and what i should do differently.

·
1,249 Posts
I think the shas'ui upgrade with marker-lights and target locks are wastes of points. I think you're light on anti-tank. A single shot at S10 isn't that good against anything with jink.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so lack of anti-tank wasn't a comment I was expecting xD Ok it might be a little light for tau but I would have thought that 1 rail gun, 4 ion cannons, 4 fusion blasters and all the S5 I could have needed would have covered me for anti-tank in 2000 points. Armour 10-11 basic stuff, 12-13 Ion cannons, 14 Fusion blasters and Rail Gun. When it comes to my chaos army at 2000 points my anti tank is 6 melta guns, a power fist, melta bombs, A fire raptor and when i need them for it 4 blast masters. And that army has never really had a problem.

The marker light i was a bit unsure on to start with as well but i really didn't know where else i could sink the points. It would only really be upgrades on other units or maybe 3 more stealth suits with a fusion blaster. The marker lights just give me that flexibility to ..... well actually have markerlights before i start hitting 3000 points where the path finders are there to just guide what ever can shoot at any enemy big nastys.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Your 1500 will struggle without those path finders I would drop a barracuda and the shas ui and mark light up grades and get 3 teams of cheap pathfinders. Other than that think the list is fine

·
1,249 Posts
Look at your 1500 point list. Imagine you are up against 4 wave serpents and 2 wraithlords, or a necron AV 13 wall, what do you do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts