Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i used to play blood angels in 5th edition! I have converted to chaos and need a 1500 list to play at my local store. I would like a list that doesnt cost me more than $150 more than what i already have purchased. If i have to spend more its w/e.
I have atm: 20 chaos marines, 5 possessed, 3 bikes, one rhino, and one lord
Stuff i can convert (not to a different, unit just allegiance): 5 terminators, 20 marines, one rhino, one predator

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: A lord is fine and can be used to unlock cult units as troops such as MoN for plague marines.

Elites: Termies are ok and a good cheap source of combiplasmas for that deepstrike deathstorm. Possessed are a waste. I would just mix in the possessed bits to give your regular marines a bit of character.

Troops: cultists are good and cheap. Many Chaos players will tell you that regular CSMs are a bit unreliable and overcosted and I tend to agree. They get sweeping advanced a lot and fail morale tests. If you pay for the icons to keep them fearless it costs a lot more than a loyalist tac squad pays to get a simmilar effect. Icon of slaanesh is ok for FNP and IoK is good and I think Khorne CSMs are better than berserkers overall getting 2 meltas and keeping the bolters in case you have to go defensive vs geensteelers etc.
I realy like Plague marines as troops meaning a MoN lord is required with say 4++ PF and the brand of skalthrax. I take PMs 7 strong in rhinos with meltas and maybe a PF. I then take 2-3 units of 5 on foot with just 2 plasmas. They are tough to kill off particularly with a cover save from terrain. Blight grenades and poisoned attacks make them good in combat and FNP keeps them areound from many more weapons than in the last edition with a 5+ save to a lascannon for example. The last thing to say is at 24 points each you pay less cash to fill the army.

Fast: Bikes are great particularly with MoN. Heldrake with flamers are fantastic so get 1-2.

Heavy: Preds with AC+2LC are good firesupport as are MoN Obliterators.

Here's a sample list for a start. Putting the lord on a bike with blight grenades too can be fun perhapse dropping the oblits for a small termie unit to pay for the extra.

HQ: Lord, MoN, Sigil, Brand, PF 160
Troops 7 PMs, Rhino, 2 melta, meltabomb 218
Troops 7 PMs, Rhino, 2 melta, meltabomb 218
Troops 5 PMs, 2 plasma, 150
Troops 5 PMs, 2 plasma, 150

Fast: Heldrake 170
Fast: 5 bikes, MoN, 2 melta, PW 165
Heavy: Predator AC+2LC 115
Heavy: 2 Obliterator, MoN, VOTLW 154

1 - 2 of 2 Posts