26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beastlord hv gw beast banner 238

Bray shaman lv 2 110

39 gors ad mus standered 327
2 tuskgor chariots

30 Bestigor fc 390

Ghorgon 275

beastlord goes with gors in middle with bestigors.
Chariots flank wi ghorgon
Shaman gives block in middle support

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to Beastmen.

The Beastlord is squishy and it appears you want him to act as your BSB but if I'm not mistaken he should be your general, no? He can't be both and if he's your general then he's way too squishy. Come to think of it, if he's your BSB he's too squishy too!

You might want to flip your characters around a little. Get yourself a lvl 4 Bray and a wargor to be your BSB. Don't forget to give him the armor upgrade from the gifts - no magic items though since he will have a magic banner.

I assume ad for the gors is additional hand weapon? If so yes, that's the only way to run them.

Tusk chariots aren't so great, imo.

Bestigors on the other hand, are. You could drop the chariots and up your Bestigor count, run them in horde and all that jazz.

The Ghorgon can be left behind, use the points for another caster - perhaps a lvl1 for the fun of it. Or maybe some piggies, if you're worried about flanks/chaff piggies are great.

Just some general ideas really, didn't get too specific.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'll say most of those insights are spot on.

Beast Lord can not take battle standard, only war gors. He's almost mandatory.

You need a general. Lvl 2 wizard is ld7, and ld7 does not a strong general make. Lvl 4 wizard would do fine there. Flipping the characters will do it.

I think 40 gors and 30 bestigors are right on the money.

Tuskgor chariots are actually all right for their modest point cost. You may want 2 though if you take any. Combo charges are great for pinning a unit down and letting your nastier units charge it.

Ghorgons. Oh the ghorgon. I find myself in a love hate relationship. He's devastating. He's sweet looking. He's really BA. He's also too expensive for his power. I pray for the day that he is only 200 pts and you can take 3. He's not going to win you any games at this point level. Those points should turn into some chaff!

You need ungor raiders, harpies, and razorpigs. The pig is really our best unit. 55 points net you a missile. That missile kills off heroes like nothing. You just ram it into a unit of dudes and make sure you hit the lvl 2 wizard, bsb, or maybe even a lvl 4. He stands foot chances of just killing them, and at 1500, no one will be well defended at this point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot goin to swich about the charecters drop the ghorgon and add some razgors and raiders.
i also pray for the ghorgon and 6 point gors

·
Registered
815 Posts
i also pray for the ghorgon and 6 point gors
Anything from rare worth taking is what we should all hope for. The only way I ever take anything from rare is house rules for the Jabber - we went and gave him a nice a regen save, seems to fit with the fluff too.

I think gor are just fine as they are. You toss the beast banner in a unit of gor and you're 4/4, then you hit them with Wyssans and you're 5/5 all for a few points, a banner and a spell? Ooof!

It's the minos that are underwhelming, centigors that require a named character who is underwhelming just to become viable and a whole slew of rare that you just can't justify taking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wargor bsb gnarled hide hv shild war banner 141

Bray shaman lv 4 disply scroll 260

39 gors ad mus standered 327
2 tuskgor chariots 160
20 ungor raiders 120

30 Bestigor fc 390
3 harpies scout 42
Razgor 55

1496 points
I think .

I tried again feed back would be thanked. Hope bsb is not to squishy.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I not sure what magical banner i should put for bsb
The beast banner for the S bonus. Your BSB goes in with the gors. It does mean you have to cut down on some units but to have an entire gor unit at S4 is nice. I suppose at 1.5k you could just go with the models over the banner but I see no wrong in always taking teh banner.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Comments in red
Wargor bsb gnarled hide hv shild war banner 141 Beast Banner makes Gors nasty...

Bray shaman lv 4 dispel scroll 260 at 1500 points you might want to keep at Lv3 and give him a 4++ward save (drop the scroll if needed... better to avoid miscast death and losing your general)

39 gors ad mus standered 327 Full command here to allow your BsB to avoid that nasty challenge. Also, gors MUST have AHW!!!
2 tuskgor chariots 160
20 ungor raiders 120 Do 2 units of 10 w/ musician

30 Bestigor fc 390 30 is too many (try 20)... especially at 1500 points. (Banner of Eternal Flame is nasty in this unit. Or [my preference]...Standard of Discipline. Put your general in this unit and he is now Ld9!)
3 harpies scout 42 Minimum number is 5... also consider you have 2 chaff raider units already. At this point level I might just drop and go with the raiders, depends on your meta.
Razgor 55 I like these MUCH better than chariots. IF I have a choice between the two I would go piggies! Chariots are slow and piggies are Mv7 swiftstriding S5 T5 killing machines

1496 points
I think .

I tried again feed back would be thanked. Hope bsb is not to squishy.

Try this...

Great Bray Shaman Lv4 (Shadow) Talis of Prot, Crown of Command, AHW (in the bestigor unit they are now Ld9 and stubborn)

Wargor BSB, HV, Shield, Scale Skin, Beast Banner (in gors with AHW, how many S4 attack dice can you roll at one time? oh and don't forget to re-roll for Primal Fury...)

Gor Herd 30x FC AHW
Ungor Raiders 10x Mus
Ungor Raiders 9x Mus
Tuskgor Chariot

Bestigor Herd 25x FC Standard of Discipline
Harpies 5x
Warpiggie of death
Warpiggie of death

1500 points on the dot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts