Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
well a good starter army for dark eldar for 1000 points woud be. dracon with wargear. and a few incubi and warriros for an hq on a raider of course. for troops i would get several raider squads and mabey some warrior squads. for other things i would suggest, wyches, reaver jetbikes (kinda expensive) and possibly a ravager.

Dark eldar are kinda tricky they can be Very powerful in assault and shooting. they are very fragile. 5+ save and 3 toughness isnt going to keep them along very long. There is really two ways to play, first would be with lots of raider and wych squads and get into combay supported by the raiders and possibly some warriors. the other main way has pretty well everything on raiders with lots of dark lances and shooty stuff eg: ravagers, raider squads with dark lances and such. the first one is alot easier to play, and probobly to collect. becasue you dont need to buy like 5-8 raiders lol.

hope that helps you with the dark eldar

·
Registered
86 Posts
agreed, once i had a warrior squad with only 5 guys left in it (including two splinter cannons) shoot at a full squad of gaurdsman, they all were compleatly anialted. it was great!

·
Registered
86 Posts
incubi and wyches are the best but i find that warriors with a geared up sybrite work quite well, once one of my warrior squads with a sybrite with power weapon and stuff beat a squad of 10 blood claws in close combat. so there not too bad eather, but if you really want close combat goodness go with wyches for 14 points they can go up against pretty well any other assualt unit in the game

·
Registered
84 Posts
one thing i like abou the dark eldar are the ammounition they use, not dics or bolts but razor sharp diamonds !!! think about it if you get hit by it you will become motionless just screaming for help!

cant stop seeing a whole platoon of Ultramariens, Imperials fist, Space wolfs just laying on the ground screaming for help or is that more like teh ig thing!!!
just hate ig

·
Registered
86 Posts
you might think that the armour is weak, and well it is but ive seen them take alot of punishment beofre they go down, i mean they can only take glancing hits before they crash, and you usually have several of them around, and if they do crash your usually withing assault range anyways (having moved 24 inches last turn) so it shouldnt be a problem, dont expect them to be there after combay tho people dont like the idea of you getting back on them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.