Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as it stands i'm a warriors of chaos player. Every thing I do is up close and personal and I am in the mood for a change. I have seen a couple of guys at my local GW play dark elves and I constantly see there ranged portions of there armys wrecking face which gave me the idea of a primarily ranged based army. I'm pretty content with where I am so far and I don't feel all that much needs to be changed, it's just where do I go form here to make this 2000 points.

Supreme Sorceress, Level 4, Talisman of Preservation (265)
Master, Battle Standard bearer, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Brace of Repeater Hand Bows, Enchanted Shield, Crown of Command (155)
Sorceress, Level 2, (115)
28 Darkshards, Shields, Full Command (394)
10 Darkshards, Shields (130)
10 Darkshards, Shields (130)
10 Shades, Light Armour, Additional Hand Weapons (190)
Repeater Bolt Thrower (XXX)

Currently I stand at 1659 points. The BSB and SS sit in the large unit of Darkshards (The SS I am currently making a really nice scenic base for her to sit in the unit with.
The army comes down to the two small units of Darkshards protect the sides with a bolt thrower each, the big unit and two bolt throwers are the main line with the shades Scouting in on the side some where for some back ground disturbance.

If I could add anything to this army it would be a toss up between Dark Riders, Executioners, Darkshards, Dreadspears, Shades or maybe another character, I do like assassins but I'm not 100% if they are actually any good? As it stands though my level 2 dosn't really have her own dedicated unit, I guess she will just end up attaching her self to what ever support Darkshard unit needs it most. But if thats the case do i upgrade her with anything? I was tempted to give her the sacrificial dagger but I feel she would need to be attached to a bigger unit if she was to take that.

If anyone could think of what I could add to this army I would appreciate it, as I mentioned im pretty content with the corse of what I have put together and would rather not change it (Or at most drop a bolt thrower)

Thankyou =D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hi there the range the can put down field is horrible but in truth it won't win you a game your core almost matches mine mine is 30 dark shardes and shields standard. This formation 10 wide if you playing khaine or 15 normal thats 60 shots lower your opponats toughness so take some warloacks for soul blight it helps loads or take dark magic and use higher level word of pain. to finish of the core 10 dark riders shields spears rxb split into 2 teams of 5 i would honestly say you dont want more range than that you need to finish them off with combat though i generate more shots from my cold one chariots but thats it.

Your bsb needs a ward drop crown and shield and get the armour of destiny then you can pick up a great weapon so he can actually damage stuff.

I would drop level 2 for walocks for 10 points more you get a 5 wound level 2 with a 4+ ward save and 2 good spells then you can focus your sorceress a bit more. I would say with this list metal is key as you don't really have anything to bust those 1+ armour saves.

I'm on the fence with bolt throwers i simply don't think they will cause enough damage and in truth if your opponant sees that much shooting they are going to get into comabt by turn 2-3 and that means a whole load of your amy is now doing nothing.

Shades with GW can be midly useful but in truth they are not great and will melt after a turn of combat.

If you are keen to keep that much shooting i would invest all the last of your points in excutioners put the bsb build there and drop level 2 for warlocks job done 2000pts army. Use metal to boost exctuioners save put sorc on a dark steed and whack her in with the warlocks and have your core as 30 dark shards shields standard reform 5x6 in a fight and take dark riders that will be better than 2 units of 10 dark shardes you will be able to get close and harry also gives you something to block with and usual chalf stuff. so something like:

Dark sorc tali 4++ dark steed (Metal)
BSB armour of destiny, sea dragon cloak, great weapon (cross bow if points left).
30 dark shardes shields standard
5 dark riders shields rxb muscian (if points are free)
5 dark riders shields rxb muscian (if points are free)
4 Bolt throwers
Then all the points left in a unit of excutioners with the bsb in.

set up wise apart from dark riders keep you back to the edge all together funnel the enemy to come at your shooting and hope you kill enough that when they get close you can finish them :)

hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts