Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to the forum and have just started Warhammer Fantasy. I've chosen to collect WE and thought that a 2000pt list would be the way to go. I havent had the book long and any constructive criticism would be welcome.

Lord:
Highborn with great weapon, light armour, shield, alter kindred, pagent of shrikes, the Bow of Loren and arcane bodkins=277pts

Hero:
Branchwraith with cluster of radients, an annoyance of netlings and is a lvl 1 wizard=165pts

Noble with elven steed and wild rider kindred=122pts

Noble with great weapon, shield, light armour, great eagle and Hail of Doom Arrow=163pts

Core:
12 Glade Guard=144pts

12 Glade Guard=144pts

10 Dryads with Branch Nymph=132pts

9 Dryads=108pts
Joined by Branchwraith

5 Glade Riders with musician=129pts

Special:
16 Eternal Guard with full command=222pts

9 Wild Riders of Kurnous=234pts
joined by Wild Rider Noble
Rare:
6 Waywatchers=144pts

Total=1984pts

Overall it does not have much in the way of casting but has a some defence against the enemies magicks. The Waywtachers are intended to restrict march movement as well as threatening chracter models. The Eternal Guard will provide a solid base with the Glade Guard whilst the Dryads will finish of weakened units. The Wild Riders will hopefully be able ot engage the opponents flanks and they also have enough numbers to take damage na still thraten. The eagle mounted noble will go warmachine hunting whilst the highborn causes maximum disruption with his 5 no armour save shots.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Hey there, Distorter. It's an interesting list, but I'd make a few changes. Of course, my changes have a lot to do with what models I have and how I've learned to play with them so far. Oh, and it's easiest to just leave out point totals. GW frowns on disclosure of point values but allows pretty much everything else.

D1storter said:
Lord:
Highborn with great weapon, light armour, shield, alter kindred, pagent of shrikes, the Bow of Loren and arcane bodkins
I like this guy. He will do you lots of good. If you're taking a great weapon, then you expect him to see combat. And if that's the case, then you might swap the Pageant for the Helm of the Hunt. You'd have a ridiculous number of attacks on the charge at a weapon skill only equalled or surpassed by Blood Dragon Vampire Lords or Champions of Chaos, not to mention a better armor save. Also, I've found the Pageant of limited utility. Anyhow, just a thought.

Hero:
Branchwraith with cluster of radients, an annoyance of netlings and is lvl 1
I'd swap the annoyance for a murder of spites. Most likely, you'll be attacking flanks, which means you're unlikely to come into combat with characters who tend towards the center of the front rank. All that means you won't face anyone who can accept a challenge. The murder of spites, on the other hand, will add at least one and likely more additional poisoned attacks. The Branchwraith and her Dryad companions should cause a significant number of kills, gain a flank bonus, and have a decent shot at winning combat against many ranked enemy units.

Noble with elven steed and wild rider kindred
Here's another good place for the helm of the hunt. But at least give this guy a magical spear or something.

Noble with great weapon, shield, light armour, great eagle and Hail of Doom Arrow
I'd swap this guy for a spell caster. Otherwise, you have only three dispel dice and three casting on a wizard that can only cast one spell on two dice. Take a spellsinger with a scroll and maybe calaignor's stave. Make him lvl 1 or lvl 2 depending on the points you want to spend. You'll have two casters with four or five casting and four dispel, plus a scroll. Unless you're not playing against people with magic-heavy armors, I'd want more defense.

Core:
12 Glade Guard
Drop to 10.

12 Glade Guard
Drop to ten.

10 Dryads with Branch Nymph
Drop the nymph.

Joined by Branchwraith
A keeper unit, for sure.

5 Glade Riders with musician
I don't like GRs. I find them really fragile. I'd drop them and recoup the points. At this point you almost freed up 200 points.

Special:
16 Eternal Guard with full command
A great unit. I like its addition to your army. Be careful about making these guys go it alone. Without a noble, they aren't stubborn and might break if they lose a combat badly enough. They fare best with a support unit, like dryads. I'd keep some close since you don't have treekin or a treeman watching your back.

9 Wild Riders of Kurnous
joined by Wild Rider Noble
I'd reduce the size of the unit, at least to 7. You won't gain rank bonuses with numbers, so it's really about winning combats on the charge or coordinating with another unit. A smaller unit would be just as effective. Nine might be overkill. I've run 7 and a noble, for 8 models and absolutely kicked butt.

Rare:
6 Waywatchers
I love these models more than any in the army, and my avatar is a closeup of one I painted. They're gorgeous models, but I never run the units. I've tried several times and not had great results. If you've freed up enough points by now, you can get an eagle and another unit, like warhawk riders. The flyers will make up for the glade riders range, and the warhawk riders will add a little more shooting to replace the GRs. Both units make great assassins for mages hiding in units and can marchblock, tackle war machines, and generally harass the enemy.

All this and you'd still have some points left over for another eagle or whatever else you might want.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
999 Posts
hello

nice to meet ya.

okididoki, lets look at the list

-the highborn is good, keep him.
-make the GG units of 10, makes them miore manouvreble.
-get a spellsinger with DS; you magical defense isn't to good right now
-waywatchers can be useful but how to use them can be difficult so watch out
-branchwraith get MoS, and lose the netling
-make the Drayd unots smaller they don't get rankbonusses so make them around 8
-glade riders suck, raelly they can't take damage, replace them with a:
-treeman, with the points saved you can afford one now. they are reaalty good. ypur opponent will conecntrate on them and the rest of your army will be save. and if the ignors it......party!!!!

as you can see i argree with DavidVC04 a lot, try his and my changes, you don't like it... it's your army

Good Hunting!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I realise there really isnt much magic defense or casting but 4 dispel dice should allow me too stop the worst spells. I'm not really a fan of spell casting. I see the point about the glade riders as they really cant take any damage and also that the wild riders are a bit too large. I agree that my glade riders are too large as well and that my dryads are in the same boat. Good idea about the netling swap for MofS i didnt even think of that. Tahnks again my amended list will appear soon :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my ammended list feel free to comment.

Lord:
Highborn wit hgreat weapon, light armour, shield, alter kindred, pagent of shrikes, the Bow of Loren and arcane bodkins=277pts

Hero:
Branchwraith with Murder of Spites, a cluster of radients and is a lvl 1 wizard=165pts

Noble with elven steed, wild rider kindred and spear of twilight=152pts

Noble with additional hand weapon, waywatcher kindred and hail of doom arrow=144pts

Core:
10 Glade Guard=120pts

10 Glade Guard=120pts

8 Dryads=96pts

7 Dryads=84pts
Joined by Branchwraith

Special:

7 Wild Riders of Kurnous=182pts
Joined by Wild Rider Noble

3 Warhawks=120pts

8 Wardancers=144pts

Rare:
5 Waywatchers=120pts

Great Eagle=50pts

Total=1996pts

Dispel:4

Cast:3

I took the Noble off the eagle and made it a seperate unit and then put the Noble wit hthe Waywatchers where he'll probbaly have a better target for the HofD. I then added the Wardancers for some added killing power in melee. Please let me know what you think.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
You have to have at least 8 dryads to have a unit.

I'd exchange the waywatchers for GG scouts. I just haven't found WWs to pay off. The scouts will be cheap enough that you can afford a few more of them and/or take the banner of the zenith. Change the WW noble to a scout noble and you can still get the hail of doom arrow.

Otherwise, I think your army has more diversity and more strategic options and is a good improvement over the first.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Opps. My mistake wasnt looking at the army book when ityped out 7 i'll change that. Swapping waywatchers fo scouts would be alot cheaperand aslo means that i could have the banner which would further restrict marching. Also people will probably place charcters near or in units which would negate the benefits of leathal shot. Thanks for the advice again and i'll hopefully be able to post up my re-worked lis tomorrow.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking more about my army composition and ended up with two seperate lists; 1 similar t othe last one whilist the second is more diverse.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well here is the first 1 constructive feedback would be helpful.

This is my ammended list feel free to comment.

Lord:
Highborn wit hgreat weapon, light armour, shield, alter kindred, pagent of shrikes, the Bow of Loren and arcane bodkins=277pts

Hero:
Branchwraith with Murder of Spites, a cluster of radients and is a lvl 1 wizard=165pts

Noble with elven steed, wild rider kindred and spear of twilight=152pts

Noble with scout kindred and hail of doom arrow=120pts

Core:
10 Glade Guard=120pts

10 Glade Guard=120pts

8 Dryads=96pts

8 Dryads=96pts
Joined by Branchwraith

5 Glade Guard with scout and banner of zenith=110pts
Joined by Scout Noble

Special:

7 Wild Riders of Kurnous=182pts
Joined by Wild Rider Noble

3 Warhawks=120pts

8 Wardancers=144pts

Rare:
Great Eagle=50pts

Total=1974pts

I took youre suggestions and built them into the army - let me know what you think please.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the other list:

Lord:
Highborn with light armour, shield, annoyance of netlings, the spear of twilight, amaranthine brooch and rides a forest dragon=561pts

Hero:
Branchwraith with cluster of radients, a murder of spites and is a level 1 wizard=165pts

Noble with scout kindred and hail of doom arrow=120pts

Core:

10 Glade Guard=120pts

10 Glade Guard=120pts

8 Dryads=96pts
Joined by Branchwraith

8 Dryads=96pts

Special:
8 Wild Riders of Kurnous=208pts

8 Wardancers=144pts

Rare:
Great Eagle=50pts

Great Eagle=50pts

Total:1952pts

Overall i think this army is quite powerful as a dragon mounted lord poses many problems to an opposing force and with two eagles flying around makes it a very fast army. The lord is equiped to survive(so i can control the mount) and possibly defeat characters. It lacks the diversithy of the previous army but i believe the lord could swing battles if used in the right place. All constructive criticism welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts