Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have just gotten into gaming and have started my to build Daemonhuners army. So far I have 2 sqauds of 6 Grey Knights, one with 2 incinerators and the other with 1 physcannon and an incinerator. I also have a Brother Captain Stern and 2 individual termiantors ( 1 phsycannon and 1 incinerator).

What is the best way to build my army from here to to fight mainly Tyranids. Also I want to make my own Inquisitor, which is the best character to use for this?

Cheers and hope you can help

·
Registered
422 Posts
So far I have 2 sqauds of 6 Grey Knights, one with 2 incinerators and the other with 1 physcannon and an incinerator.
You should probably fill out these squads to full strength. Havng the psycannon is helpfull, but you probably won't be using it all that much. I think you should only use 1 special weapon in assault squads (grey knight squads meant to assault). I wouldn't have gotten the 2 terminators, but the boxed squad instead. You should probably also get Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, either the Kasrkins or whatever, to fill out the troops slots so you can take these guys as Fast Attack.

For the Inquisitor, it depends on what weapons you give him. All the standard Inquisitors look great, but you can also look at the Space marine vets and the black tamplar sword brethren. Pretty much just look around the online store and pick out the guys which look the best.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Against nids, I like a lot of Storm Bolters, so max out your squads, and I don't usually DS much vs nids. I shoot, back up, shoot, back up until assaulted, unless I can assault just before they get to me. To me incinerators are a complete waste vs Nids, with their fleet movement you may never get to shoot them. i do DS my Grandmaster and Retinue, as the 'Nid troops usually are faster than the Monsterous Creaters, and I want my Grandmaster to deal with them.

Take a small squad of PAGKs, add two Psycannons and add an Inquisitor with Psycannon. This squad will deal death to 'Nids.

If you take an Assassin vs Nids, the Vindicare is good for putting wounds on the MCs, and an Eversor can take out a Carnifex on assault if he's lucky.

A couple of Dreads with TLLC and ML is good for Carnifexes and Hive Tyrants, so is a Grandmaster.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. I will probably build the Grey Knights squads up to full strength. What does PAGK stand for? Which model is used for the Grand Master? and can his retruine can be the same as the one for the Grey Knight Hero?

I bought the two random Terminator's before I got the codex ane saw only 1 special weapon was used per squad, oops! Will probably use one in the retruine (if I can that is).

Good call on the black tamplar sword brethren, they look really cool.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Here you go!

PAGK = Power Armoured Grey Knights, regular troop choice
FAGK = Fast Attack Grey Knights
IST = Inquisitional Storm Trooper
=][= = Inquisitor

It took me a while to learn too.

Cheers!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that, makes sence once now! lol

7 Posts
Justicar_Alric said:
Thanks for the reply guys. I will probably build the Grey Knights squads up to full strength. What does PAGK stand for? Which model is used for the Grand Master? and can his retruine can be the same as the one for the Grey Knight Hero?

I bought the two random Terminator's before I got the codex ane saw only 1 special weapon was used per squad, oops! Will probably use one in the retruine (if I can that is).

Good call on the black tamplar sword brethren, they look really cool.
well normally for special weapons how ever many come in 1 pack is how many in the squad. except for PAGK.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If I was fighting 'Nids I'd be looking for as many shots as poss and a lot of mobility, so yeah, fill out the PAGK squads to 10 and keep them as troops (PAGK = Power Armoured Grey Knights, basically they're the ones used in a troop slot rather than a Fast Attack slot. If they're used in the Fast Attack slot they're referred to as FAGK, I'll let you work that one out for yourself ^^). As far as modelling stuff goes I use Kasrkins for my ISTs, they look excellent with an Inquisitorial paintjob (lots of black, red, white and silver), for the Inquisitor I've got a few different builds; the main one is my shooty one, he's just the gladiator-looking Inq model with the sword and BP chopped off and swapped for a plasma-combi and a scroll, the other one is a Smurf force commander with a plasma pistol, CCW and a load of Inquisitor sigils all over him, and the last is a DA veteran with a Daemonhammer and SS. The last one I'm probably going to find no use for, he just looks cool :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. Think I had better get painting some more Grey Knights by the sounds of it :hmm:

·
722 Posts
As the others have said, max out your PAGK squads and fire at the approaching nids whilst walking backwards. Massed stormbolters are your friends. Also in the troop GK squads i wouldn't really bother with special weapons as then you lose, stormbolter fire, NFW bonuses and true grit. the special weapons never seem to earn their points.

If you arn't opposed to IST or inducted IG then they can really help. A unit of 10 IST with two plasma guns (or meltaguns, whatever floats your boat) can even damage carnifexes with their ap 2 shots.

Also, i agree with whoever said you should have brought the boxed termie set. Tyranids players are usually to obsessed with over running your lines with their massed hoards that they leave their big creatures behind. A deepstring grandmaster with a termie retinue can really hurt!

I field a GM with a retinue of 5 Termies, 3 with NFW and 2 with the thunder hammer and storm shield combo. (even nid carnifexes are frightened by str 8 thunderhammers). deepstrike these guys and the nids will either have to turn their line around to get you or forfeit there lovely creatures.

If you play pure GK then i would suggest just maxing out gk squads and shooting the crap out of the approaching nids. Most nids have crap all armour and your AP 5 storm bolters will do wonderfully against them. perhaps back this up with a couple of dreadnoughts with assault cannons and you will have a lot of fun.

Hope i have helped,

Regards

·
Registered
118 Posts
Incinerators work well against nids when they come out of Crusaders. I like using Space marine scouts from my =][=s, because I like to give them psycannons, and have them sit behind a PAGK. With a Crusader I would give my =][= an incinerator and throw it in the LRC with a PAGK.

I posted a 1500 list based on this. Haven't tried it yet, but it is based on a 1000 Crusader list that worked really well against Nids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts