Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I just bought my new codex and love reading it. But im a total newb to IG army making. I am aiming for 1500 pts and I jsut want to someone to point me to the right way to doing things.
Doctines:Orgyns, Camoline, Light Infanty,Sharpshooters,Vets
thsoe are the doctines I may want to use. I like catachans and tanith first and only and wanted to somehow mix them up together. Wanting my army to function balenced. So I dont mind using chimeras. And I must have one Basilisk.
Can you plz help a fellow guardsmen out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i think you shud use some tanks and fire supports ad hq and troops lots of troos use than 3 ogryns and a bone ead and out your sniper in to the forest they get 4+in thats great also use some skils and drills a just don't now how they work cost they point are what?????????? i don't now and you can put 6 ogryns ind a chimera i think

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well you can mix the tanith and catachans(why anyone buys the ugly plastics i dont know) just have they in seperate squads with similar paint schemes. At 1500 I would consider losing the basilisk and getting ONE leman russ with HB sponsons. and No Chimera and 3 Orgyns. you should max out the heavy weapons and I find Autocannons and Heavy bolters more effective as we IG miss so bad

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
I always say that one tank for every 500 points is acceptable.
For once, I agree with CommanderCameron on maxing out your heavy weapons. Take about 3 lascannons and then make the rest of your heavies Autocannons or Heavy Bolters. You need all the extra shooting they get just to hit something every once in a while. Sharpshooter doctrine really helps out too.
Oh yeah, I have catachans and some Tanith too. I thik that it's a great looking army. It usually comes down to how well you can model and paint as per how well an army looks. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.