Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just picked up the army book yesterday, and I was just wondering...

Planning on planning a 2k point list.

2 questions though

a) is the alternative army list for South Lustria (?) really that viable? or just a fun army (I intend to make a competetive army you see)

also

b) what's the reccomended generation slann for a 2k point army...

and with the rule that they can pick from multiple lores of magic - is that just the lores in the rulebook?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
The southlands list is certainly viable. At the club I used to play at a guy made it to the final of the local tournament with it.

People have differing opinions on the Slann, I like to use a 2nd Gen Slann in 2k points, I find he's definitely worth the points.

Yeah he can pick between the eight lores of magic in the rulebook :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...Sounds like a pretty sweet deal!

I may have to neglect the Southlands in favour of 2nd gen...

There's so much to pick from! lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I intend to :-D

I've had a long absence from playing Warhammer - but really gotten back into it (mainly via the Black Library fiction). The only problem is, I've found so many armies I like the look of! So...I've set myself a monumental task...

500pts
- Dark Angels
- Dwarfs

1000pts
- Skaven
- Witch Hunters

1500pts
- Space Marines
- Wood Elves

2000pts
- Necrons
- Lizardmen

2500pts
- Imperial Guard
- Orcs & Goblins

3000pts
- Imperial Guard Armoured Company
- Vampire Counts

I'm going to collect the smaller points and work my way up, but at the end I'll have the freedom of choice for so many games - and not to mention the 'keeping me busy' factor! I've got all the army books & Codexes I need (except dwarfs...) so as soon as that book arrives, I'm gonna be setting off on this mammoth task!

though reading the books - I'm liking the Lizardmen, Wood Elves and IG the most!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
;-) the amount of different armies is what I liked though.

I can never decide on one army long enough to collect it...so...with a plan like this I won't suddenly look at a new book and think 'hmmm....' because of this plan...if I get enamoured with one of the armies along the way I can scrap my multi-army plan :-D

edit: Also, while I want a nice solid army list, it's more the painting and modelling I'm interested in - it doesn't matter if the army doesn't see a table lol. So going on one force doesn't leave as much...variety? as I'd like!

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
5500 points of Imperial Guard! I like your style!

But any who, the Lizardmen.

A Southlands army is much harder to play then a regular Lustrian army (unless you really like short bows and horned ones). I would suggest running a normal Lustrian army first up before you but 100 skinks. You should sketch out a list and post it in the army list section (if you haven't already).

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A list sketching happened - then got left at home so I can't tell you what it was :-(

I'm not going for Southlands...plain before fancy eh ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts