Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I am new to vampire counts. I love their look, and love the idea of regenerating my troops (I've heard this is possible, don't quote me if I'm wrong!). I would like to make a zombie based army, and since this is a fairly small army, I would like to keep it cheap. So maybe like like three "regiments" and one or two lords/heroes? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much, have a great day!

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
A zombie army can not be small. Also I will say zombies are one of the worst units in the game, this is an advantage as they can just bog down enemy units all game if used right.
And yes you can bring the guys back up from the dead, zombies are the best at this as it is one of the special rules that make them not as bad as they should be.
I would recommend you buy the army book and rule book if you don't have them and try and work out an army on your own and get a few small games in.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
A zombie army will be massive but if you just have zombies you will find yourself losing or grinding out draws. A zombie unit is a tar pit plan and simple they job is to die in droves and hold an exspensive enemy unit in place until a heavy unit can flank or so your army can kill everything else. Vampire counts are a tough army to play with they need there magic and suffer without it so keep that in mind when making your list.

I agree with lucas get the book and play some 500pt games to get a feel for the army. happy to help and answer any questions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh okay, that's not good haha. Well, do you have a small army list recommendation, based heavily on magic? Small point army suggestion is fine, if you have the time (Just rough things, not like what the troops have, shields bla bla you know. Just what troops and heroes to support them.) Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Depends on what you want really if you want zombies I have a good 500pts list but it gets big though you look on ebay for zombies. You can go skeletons. It depends entirely how you see the list?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts