Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to warhammer fantasy but I've played a few games. In a few weeks I have a team game for which I'm to make a list for 2000 points to work with vampires.
I currently have
30x warriors of chaos
20x marauders
10x chaos knights
10x warhounds
3x lords/characters which I can employ as exalted champions or chaos lords

I have been currenlty running as
5x chaos knights of khorne ensorcelled weapons
5x chaos knights of nurgle ensorcelled weapons
20x marauders of khorne with great weapons
15x warriors of chaos mark of khorne with shields and a lord
15x warriors of chaos mark of nurgle with shield and a lord
10x warhounds
1x lord which I havent yet used. And magic weapons and banners are often changing.

We will probably be facing a player armed with 4000 points of dwarfs. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
First and foremost, this is probably going to get moved by one of the Mods over to the list section, but since I'm here, here is a 2k list I made that uses nothing but the models you have listed. I made some somewhat drastic changes to your characters choices, namely by using a Sorcerer Lord, but if someone gives you grief about a combat model being used for a sorcerer, tell them to shove it when they see what he can do in combat. Anyways, the list:

Sorc Lord, lvl 4, Lore of Death
Talisman of Pres, Charmed Shield, Blood Skull Pendant, Distendible Maw

Exalted Hero BSB
MoT, Armor of Destiny, Halberd

Exalted Hero
Halberd, MoT, Collar of Khorne, Book of Secrets (shadow), Conjoined Homonculus

15x Warriors of Tzeentch, Sword and Board, Full Command
Blasted Standard

Rapturous Standard

20 Marauders of Khorne, Flails, Standard, Musician

7 x Knights of Nurgle, Standard, Musician
Banner of Rage

2 units of 5 Dogs.

BSB goes in unit with Rapturous Stndrd, other characters in Blasted Stndrd unit. This gives that unit 4++ versus all shooting and, if you guys play someone other than dwarves, their magic. If you're only playing Dwarves, then change it for something else. Probably the Dragon Helm and the Other Trickster's Shard.

The Sorcerer is mainly looking for Doom and Darkness (this is great for making the other guy run when you beat him by even just a little bit, as well as pairs very well with Vampire's Leadership shenanigans) and Soulblight (a boosted cast of this can severely alter several combats). The Off-Caster is always taking Miasma to help protect the Sorc Lord (if it looks like he might be in a challenge/in B2B with an enemy character, hit them with Miasma to lower their Int, and then have the Sorcerer eat offending model). Otherwise, try not to cast with him too much because if he miscasts, it's going to be ugly.

Don't be attached to the Dogs and the Marauders, they will die. Use them to eat up deployments, block charges, and just generally be annoying.

The Knights are a strong flanking force, more resistant to BS based Shooting because of MoN, and can churn out an astounding number of attacks because of the Banner of Rage (which, because it affects everything in the unit, will also affect the mounts). But for the love of God, keep them away from any Organ Guns, of which there should be several, because they generate automatic hits, which will destroy this unit.

So there you go. A list I threw together that doesn't cater to Dwarves (that much) that should do well in most situations. But you really need to get some games under your belt and find what works well for you. Good luck buddy, and let us know how the game goes!

·
Registered
938 Posts
First and foremost, this is probably going to get moved by one of the Mods over to the list section...
I agree with this...

Sorc Lord, lvl 4, Lore of Death
Talisman of Pres, Charmed Shield, Blood Skull Pendant, Distendible Maw

Exalted Hero BSB
MoT, Armor of Destiny, Halberd

Exalted Hero
Halberd, MoT, Collar of Khorne, Book of Secrets (shadow), Conjoined Homonculus

Blasted Standard

Rapturous Standard

20 Marauders of Khorne, Flails, Standard, Musician

7 x Knights of Nurgle, Standard, Musician
Banner of Rage

2 units of 5 Dogs.
... and I agree with this.

·
Undying Baddie
530 Posts
I too agree with Papa. It's a very solid list that would serve you well. Just as clarification for the unit of marauders he included, yes everyone says use great weapons on them, but that only applies when you have 40+ models in the unit and can afford to take some wounds. With only 20 it's better to use them with flails and flank a unit already in combat with warriors rather than charging headstrong into a big unit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts