Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I have played one game so far and iv won it, I like the scheme of Eldar so im just going to make a small 500pt army to start off with, any help will be appreciated

Far seer
Singing spear
Spirit stones
Doom
Guide
Mind war
120points

7 Dire Avengers
1 Exarch
94 points

5 Howling Banshees
1 Exarch with mirrior swords
102 points

Wave Serpant
Twin linked
100 points

1 Vyper
Bright lance
75 points

Total 491 points

Yeh im not to sure what upgrades to put on them so please help

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Hey Pythonman, Welcome to Librarium Online.

There are specific sub-forums for each race, and in turn for army lists written for each race. I'm going to Send this thread over to the Eldar Army Lists forum, where it can live happily with the other eldar army lists.

*Thread Moved*

For 500pts you are far over-spending on your farseer. In such a low points game I feel the max you should be spending on him is 85 points or so.

You're short a troops choice, unless you're using alternate rules, you're going to need two groops. I think a pair of Dire avengers squads in wave serpents with missile launchers would honestly serve best, unless you prefer a squad of storm guardians for the close-combat ability.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just taking a quick look, while your bright lance vyper does add some anti tank it is quite expensive for a relatively weak vehicle that could be taken down with relative ease, if you go with alzers suggestion and take the wave serpents with missile launchers that should cover your anti tank for 500 points and they would be that much more durable as well, the points from dropping the vyper should help towards the wave serpents, I agree with him as well about your farseer having too many upgrades, usually I just him doom and leave it at that but thats just me

Hope this helps

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
What Twin-Linked weapon does your Wave Serpent have? (Based on the point cost I would guess that it's TW Shuricannons.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well first off welcome to the game and hobby, that said you might want to tone back your farseer like Alzer suggested. However for the upgrades you have listed your farseer comes out to 153pts. Just doom and guide are all you really need for 500pt level bringing your farseer to 100pts, and a full 10 man squad of dire averngers with an exarch( armed with twin catapults and bladestorm) for a mere 152pts. The farseer coupled with your dire avengers in a wave serpent with twin linked shuriken catapults and spirit stones(your gonna want to keep this guy moving) will come in for a grand total of 362pts. With 138pts to play with you could put in a six man squad of striking scorpions with exarch upgrade, biting blade, stalker and shadowstrike, for some outflanking terror.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.