Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heroes:

Tomb King with sword and sheild - 273p
+Blade of Antarhak
+Standard of the Undying Legion

Core:

2x Skeleton Warriors (20 each) - 260 (for both)
+full command
+light armour

2x Skeleton Archers (16 each) - 272 (for both)
+light armour

Horse Archers (group of 8 ) - 122p

Chariots (group of 3) - 195p
+full command

Special:

Tomb Guard (group of 10 ) - 160p
+halberds
+Standard of the Undying Legion

Total 1282p

I'll be mainly versing Warriors of Chaos so I'm not entirely sure how I will go. I was thinking of puting the Tomb King with a squad of skele warriors and make them a bit stronger (WS boost and the undying legion). I thought that maybe the tomb guard would be good enough on there own with the undying legion and halberds but I have no idea. Id mainly be using the horse archers for distracting and maybe thining weaker units like marauders and the demon dogs (not sure what they are called?).

But yea any advice would be great, I dont really know what else to add, so any advice with tactics and future units to buy would be a great help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
first of all this list is illegal, you need a hierophant also your tomb king will die quite easily. ( prince with armour of destiny & great weapon is nice and cheap )

your skeleton warrior units they are too small make one unit of 40 with champion and standard bearer you dont need a musician

your skeleton archers dont need armour (its not gonna change anything if they get charged its just waste of points ) but you can put musicians there for swift reform

the horse archers looks fine if you got two more make two units of five

chariots they work better at units of 4 but 3 its good too

10 tomb guards its waste of points too you need at least 20+ prince for the unit to work

i don't know what models you have so i can help you make a better list

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What is listed is what I have, it was sort of an impulse buy so that's why I really don't know what I'm doing.

Advice on future purchases would be good, Tomb Guards were already on the list but any other advice would be great.

Thanks for your comment. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Liche High Priest 210 (proxy) (spam heals )
lvl 4 nehekhara

tomb Prince 154
Armour of destiny
Great weapon

39 Skeleton Warriors 186 ( prince here)
fc

16 skelton Archers 106 (priest here )
+musician

16 skelton Archers 106
+musician

3 Chariots 165

5 horse Archers 70

997/1000

that's 1 decent list you can try with the models you have at 1000 points max but you have to at least proxy the priest .
10 tomb guard will die from combat ress if u cahrge somthing head on you can use them only as flankers to help your skelies beat the chaos warriors

Liche High Priest 210
lvl 4 nehekhara

tomb Prince 154
Armour of destiny
Great weapon

39 Skeleton Warriors 186
fc

21 archers+ musician 136

3 Chariots 165

10 Tomb guard 130
Halberds

there are alot of thinks you can buy
catapults, casket, necro knights - stalkers , shpinxs...we got a lot of choices ,find the way you want to play first and then go for it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean buy proxy the priest? Do you mean get one? What magic items should I give it?

My next purchases (apart from the priest) are, Tomb Guard and either Chariots or Casket of Souls..
I wanted to get warsphinx with tomb guard crew, would that be worth it?

I also here a lot of mixed thoughts about Ushabti, are the worth it?

What are Necrolith Colossus like?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure what you mean buy proxy the priest? Do you mean get one? What magic items should I give it?

My next purchases (apart from the priest) are, Tomb Guard and either Chariots or Casket of Souls..
I wanted to get warsphinx with tomb guard crew, would that be worth it?

I also here a lot of mixed thoughts about Ushabti, are the worth it?

What are Necrolith Colossus like?
Unfortunately there are no models currently for Necrolith Collosus or Hierotitan. You have to self-build them if you want to include them in your army, which is partly why I'm not bothering with them as a novice. Hierotitan looks good for a magic-heavy army though.

I would definitely recommend sphinx as a priority. The model is just WAY too cool to pass by, and it is very good on the table. A lot of people argue about the usefulness of Ushabti, and since they only come in finecast (read - expensive and hard to work with), I'd pass them in the beginning. If you want chariots, I'd probably recommend investing into a second batallion instead. Casket of Souls sounds like a good investment. It's useful and looks pretty. As far as priests go - there is only one priest model available now (unfortunately they don't sell the old metal ones), it's expensive and doesn't even look that good. Consider converting priest out of leftover plastic models - Tomb Guard works great, or warsphinx crew (you will have 4 cool leftover crew models if you decided to make necrosphinx from the box).

I'm also a total newbie to WH, been researching for the past few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts