Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Played Skaven for a bit, but now I'm pretty interested in starting WoC. Sadly, I have no clue where to start to have a semi-competitive 1000 point army. Maybe someone could help with this, but all my lists have come up way too character heavy, but I'd like to have a magic-heavy list. Please assist!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Unlike most other armies, you'll find that characters do take up a huge chunk of our list. Don't be worried about this though, as our characters do pack a punch.

Unfortunately other than maybe 2 level 2 nurgle sorcs, I have no idea what would be good at 1k. I tried 750 once and got crushed because I'm not good at making small lists :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you can bring in a unit of Chaos Knights you will have a pretty sominant force at 1000 points. At low level games like that magic is less effective and hard-hitting units are more effective because your opponent will have less trash to lead them astray.

Two units of Marauder Horsemen, two units of Chaos Knights and an exalted hero, with the extras to bring it to 1000 points would be very devastating at 1000 points.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Honestly in 1k, you can't bring much more than what Fizyx suggested without reducing the power of your army drastically. A second character can end up being anywhere from a unit of horsemen, all the way up to a unit of knights depending on how you gear them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think the juggernaut is well worth the point. Just don't forget he needs to be marked khorne to use a juggernaut.

The Jugger basically adds another 2(+1 = 3 for frenzy) strength 5 WS5 attacks, bringing the exalted up to 8 strength 5 attacks. I usually give him the Axe of Khorne so he has 5 strength 6 and 3 strength 5, and the str6 attacks have killing blow :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Juggernaut is a fabulous item for a Khorne themed character.

Also, the smaller a list is the less of a detriment Frenzy is, so the MoN/BoR comba can be particularly awesome. It works even better if you have multiple Frenzied units, so your oppoenent will not be able to bait them all.

The Axe of Khorne can be good, but I usually just go with the Sword of Might. You save a few points and still would T4 models on a 2.

Something like:
Hero
•Juggy
•Shield
•SoMight
•MoK

5x Knights
•Banner
•MoN
•Baner of Rage

5x Knights
•Banner
•MoK

5x Marauder Horsemen
•Flails
•MoK

5x Marauder Horsemen
•Flails
•MoK

5x Hounds

5x Hounds

will give you a lot of units to give you an advantage on palcement, and throw out a LOT of attacks. If they manage to bait your big units, you still have small ones that can hit hard

The Marauder horsemen are particularly nasty, 10 S5 attacks at WS4 is nothing to slouch at if you send them after weaker opponents. Set up your knights where they can run forward for two turns then flank across your opponents army starting on turn three. You'll be able to wreck multiple flanks with some guys in the middle that aren't too shabby. Set the Juggy in the unit opposite your opponents potential sorcerers.

Sorry for the bad typing, I'm on an airplane and it is cramped.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does this look ok?

Exalted Hero=220
Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Axe of Khorne

Marauder Horsemen x 10 =182
Light Armor, Flails, SB, MoS

Marauder Horsemen x10 =182
LA, Flails, SB, MoS

Chaos Knights x5 =200

Chaos Knights x5 =200
----------
That other one actually looks better than mine, thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unfortunately in <2000pt games 2 core are required :( So if another unit of horsemen could fit in that somehow it would be perfect.
I thought I had two units of core in there.

Anyways, Horsemen with MoS is something I rarely use in a sub 1500 point game. Doggies can screen effectively and Horsemen can put a pounding with Frenzy not matched by most armies special characters.

In any case, with two units of knights you are well set on the way to victory. In smaller lists my knights are usually the game winners.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.