Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have thought of a new type of item - Relic. The relic is a powerful item that has almost no limitations but its actual effect on the game is very limited (Balance mates). The relic is used at the beginning of the turn and it is immune to all effects (considerd out of play card). The player (not a model or the general) may use the relic.

Grail of the Lady (50 points). At the beginning of your turn, choose target model. This model gets +1 wound until the beginning of your next turn. During your next turn, you may choose to either leave the enhancement (+1 wound) on the same model or shift it to other model.

Comments:
This relic adds some flavor by letting the player affect the game.
Shifting the bonus from a model with only one wound, leads to the immediate removal from the game (AKA dead).

Best,
Yaki

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello David,

A good question. I thought that using grail of the lady should not affect VP. What do you think?

Best,
Yaki

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Hello David,

A good question. I thought that using grail of the lady should not affect VP. What do you think?

Best,
Yaki
Yeah, I'd agree. I guess it'd only matter on a two wound model that goes to three, but I'd say for VPs, you base on the orignial number of wounds. So a two wound model that's been enhanced to three wounds would still only need to take one wound to give up half it's VPs. There's still a big advantage of having to do two more wounds to get all the VPs.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I actually disagree If the person kills the model effected by the relic it should count towards the vps based on the new amount of wounds not the old. this creates a more balanced item as it creates a downside to using it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Deumus,

Come to think of it, you've got a point. The purpose of the relic is to be balanced. In order to people to use it, I prefer balanced items over ultra-powered items that can ruin the game.

In addition, you must remeber that there can be only one bonus from the relic (+1 wound) on only one model at any present time.

Best,
Yaki

·
361 Posts
I say rather than try and reinvent the wheel here this sounds much more like a unit similar to what the reliquary carry or like the blood fountain for dark elves or bell for skaven, just the bret equivalent. Afterall always adding extra wounds to something is kind of really powerful, much moreso than 50 pts IMHO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Well, its not the same.
As you can see, this relic is very limited. Althought adding one wound is very good (compare with the dwarf rune). The downside is that you can do that only once at a time. Moreover, you have the issue of VP that you get after killing the model with the bonus!

Best,
Yaki

·
Registered
163 Posts
Only 50pts?

Maybe make an edit saying that if the bonus wound is on a model who dies during the turn(s) he's recieving the bonus, you can't switch the wound around again during this battle. Make you have to choose to keep characters alive vs quickly swapping it to someone else to save that Grail Wound pt thing-a-mo-bobber.

Again; only 50pts?

-Nik

·
361 Posts
you have to look at the balance involved. The only other thing on record that comes to mind that adds an extra wound costs most (more than 50) points if I'm not mistaken. The fact that your essentially adding +1 floating wound, not just on one per army char but on any of them that needs it the most is actually VERY imba. just to have a wound on each character would be 200 points or more. Then if you go off including non characters its nearly impossible to calculate. So this would have to be a 100 pts item OR tweaked a little like i say as some sort of amplifying unit of some sort

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Nik & Domstrae,

To answer your question, you can't change the bonus during the turn! Only at the beginning of your turn. Moreover, you get VP bonus for each model who had the bonus (even temporarily) as if the model was +1 wound!

IMHO it's a huge set back! Therefore, balance is the key here.

Another option for relic that keep the bretonnian spirit is:
Talisman of the Lady (40 points). At the beginning of your turn, choose target model. This model gets +5 ward save until the beginning of your next turn. If the model already has ward save +5, improve ward by +1 (max ward save can not be better than +4). During your next turn, you may choose to either leave the enhancement (+5 ward save) on the same model or shift it to other model.

Best,
Yaki

1 - 11 of 11 Posts