Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting tired of my empire army so im going to start a Tzeench (or however you spell it) mortals and beast army. I dont particularly care for demons, they freak me out. Anyway, so far i have:

12 warriors hand weps + shields
2 units of 20 maruaders (havent decided on what weapons yet)
1 beast chariot
1 beast unit (2 hand weps for gors, spears only for ungors)
2 sorcerers to lead this army

what weapons should i equip my maruder units with?
any reccomendations for this new chaos player?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Large Marauder units are great for cheat Static Combat Res, so go with HW/S/LA for them.

Character wise, id say have a Mortal Tzeentch Exd Champion hero a your general, backed up by a Sorceror (Fire) and probably a Bray Shaman (Beasts) for now. You can always choose to go for all Tzeentch casters later on, but they are kinda expensive, especially for when you are just starting out with the army.

If you can afford it id say you should favout (Tzeentch) Chaos Chariots over beast ones. Faster, harder, Tze for +1 PD. Try and use Chariots in pairs to if poss.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, yeah i won the beast chariot in a contest
but why have the maruaders with just hw /s/ la? why not flails or GW?
could i still have the other sorcerer instead of the beast?

·
7,143 Posts
I say use HW/S/LA as Maru infantry are your best bet when it comes to static ComRes, its best to leave killing to the warriors, and just have the Marus be as resilient as possible.

As for the Beast/Sorc, of course! I was just thinking it may be good to have the option of a different Lore, and the Shaman could run with your breast Herd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i see what you mean now. thats good advice, another question though, whats the differance between having a champion with mark of tzeench and a sorcerer?

·
7,143 Posts
ok, i see what you mean now. thats good advice, another question though, whats the differance between having a champion with mark of tzeench and a sorcerer?
Sorcerers cannot be marked Tzeentch, and so cannot have access to this amazing magic lore. Also, Champions can fight well too.

·
7,143 Posts
By battle do you mean game? or combat?

Either way:

It is a cheaper option for getting a Tzeentch caster into your army, but id say be a bit careful. His poor statline (compared to Mortal Champs) means he probably wont last in combat too long, and also his low Ld could cost you, even at range.

If you were going for a caster from Beasts id say stick with their Shamen. The Wargor is nice, but the Tzeentch mark just a little too expensive when compared to the riskyness of it I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts