Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm building my dwarf army based off of my dragon age character's later exploits. With that I started thinking about different kinds of golems. They'd be on an ogre sized base and I came up with a few different types.

Clay Golem: 30 pts per model
M...WS...BS...S...T...W...I...A...LD

Equipment: hand weapon

Special Rules: Stubborn

Stone Golem 30 pts per model

Armor save: 4+

Special Rules: Stubborn, shatter

Shatter: if the stone golem is wounded by a weapon S7 or higher then the golem will be killed outright.

Iron Golem 40 pts per model

Armor save: 3+

Gromnil Golem 50 pts per model

Armor save: 2+

The points values are rough, and I'm considering giving them all stupidity but I'm not sure. What do you think?

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
Or chaos dwarves.. the whole theme of golems in that game suits chaos dwarves perfectly. They're made by hammering living souls into metal or stone.

·
quik-quik, kill-kill!
2,651 Posts
who says Dwarfs lack magic? O, you manlings are all the same, short memories and disrespectfull of your elders!
Dwarfs have loads of magic, it's just not as uncontrollable as that of other races, they trap magic in runes.
If you put the best runelords to work on it then they will come up with something to animate the materials.

VC would propably suit some form of bone gollem or zombie giant.

I think they are pretty powerfull for their point costs, and on top of that stubborn. M5 would be too much for a dwarf army. It's a fast unit and adds something to the army dwarfs lack, so for balance they should be more expensive, or M3. This is being introduced in newer armybooks, like Skaven. Things that add something to the army that it inherently lacks are more expensive. It's the problem with other new armies like Daemons. The are good at everything for low costs!

Maybe try to bring back the Golems to 1 type that can be upgraded. In the same way as orcs & goblins trolls can be upgraded to river/stone trolls.

Gollem 40 pts/model
equipment: handweapon

special rules: stubborn, 6+ armoursave

you may pick one of the following options:
upgrade to iron gollem ( 3+ armoursave ) .......................... + 15 pts/model
upgrade to stone gollem ( +1 Tougness ) .......................... + 20 pts/model
upgrade to gromril gollem ( +1 Toughness, 2+ armoursave ) ... + 40 pts/model

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the simpled down version but I don't think they should be M3 as they're suppose to be much larger than a dwarf, actually about the size of an ogre thus the movement 5 (-1 to ogre movement 6)

And I was initially I was going to have them start as T4 but with dwarves being naturally tougher I figured they're gollems would be even tougher than a dwarf.

The control rod will allow them to maintain their movement but make it so if your using them as a flanking force they're not 100% reliable so you'll want to keep them near the bulk of your army.

How about this.

Clay Gollem 40 pts/model
equipment: handweapon

Unit size: 1-3

special rules: stubborn, 6+ armoursave, Control Rod, Shatter (stone gollem only)

you may pick one of the following options. All Gollems in a unit must be the same:
upgrade to iron gollem ( 3+ armoursave) .......................... + 15 pts/model
upgrade to stone gollem ( +1 Tougness ) .......................... + 20 pts/model
upgrade to gromril gollem ( +1 Toughness, 2+ armoursave, -1 iniative) ... + 40 pts/model

Shatter: If a stone golem is wounded by a hit that is strength 7 or more the model loses all remaining wounds.

Control Rod: Unless within 12" of a Runesmith or Rune Lord at the beginning of their turn, a gollem must test for stupidity.

And I didn't even think of Chaos Dwarfs but this could definitely be something that they could also get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts