Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
815 Posts
At the end of the day I really see this revision of the codex as a revinue driving rewrite. True that's what all codex rewrites should be as a company has to make money to stay in business, and I don't fault them for that at all. However much of what has been introduced and changed really has a large financial gain for GW. Most of the new units seem to exist to have us buy a trygon and carnifex model and combine them to result in the new MC.

The change to the brood lord should increase it's sales. In the previous edition no one used them. While I loved the concept, it simply wasn't worth ever taking over a tyrant. Plus any tyranid player has, at most, one brood lord on the shelf. With the new rules I can see anyone who runs stealers putting a brood lord in each group. That's 20 dollars/lord, which can add up quickly.

For the Harpy, I don't see the overall reasoning for it either. My buest guess is they wanted to present MCs in every slot of the tyranid list. For fast-attack they could either go with a giant ravener or giant gargoyle. Since the trygon is basically a giant ravener already they opted for a gargoyle. The harpy loadout looks like they wanted a tarpin bomber unit. Something that flies over the battle-field, pins units of infantry and allows the rest of the army to get into assault range.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.