Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
The Tervigon. This just dosnt seem to fit in with its rules. I think the idea is good, but giving it to an MC just dosnt seem right. For one, how does it produce these guants, theres potential for 50 guants to be spewed out, so the entire body would have to be filled with guants in order to have that much capactity. IMHO it would make much more sense to have i hive node like those from DoW2
doing the spawning and have the tervigon as a "medic" of sorts, a cross between a painboy and a tomb spider.
I could see this work. Like said before it eats the biomass of the world it's on. I can see this lumbering down the battlefield leaving a trail of greyish brown earth with nothing left except for a trail of termagants.

The Harpy. From what i understand this is a flying MC that can take Heavy wepons. So essentially its a mini Harridan. It just dosnt seem right to have flying swarms of huge creatures going about the place, and if they did, surley theyd be CC based, not shooty.
Well, from a game point of few I can see why they gave her the heavy weapons bearing and not make it an other cc monster. Fluffwise it seems illogical as she carries more (ie twin-linked) heavy weapons then any other. So yes it seems like a mini Harridan which isn't a bad thing in my book.

The Broodlords. These were portrayed as being "the vanguard of a swarm" and being "the first one down on planet, with his retinue of genestealers" and other general bits impling he was an elite leader and there was only one of him. But now theres multiples suddenly appearing, so its gone from vanguard commander to a pumped up sargent. Just dosnt seem right.
I can see them becoming less exclusive over time, but I can see your point with it 'just' being a 'pumped sargeant'. I think he really depends on how they explain it fluffwise, maybe the hive mind found them so usefull they started massproducting them...

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
I don't really care about the name. But fluffwise and gamewise it would be nice if they'd represent a similar genus... Though I think fluffwise is the most important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.