Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
650 Posts
The Tervigon. This just dosnt seem to fit in with its rules. I think the idea is good, but giving it to an MC just dosnt seem right. For one, how does it produce these guants, theres potential for 50 guants to be spewed out, so the entire body would have to be filled with guants in order to have that much capactity. IMHO it would make much more sense to have i hive node like those from DoW2
doing the spawning and have the tervigon as a "medic" of sorts, a cross between a painboy and a tomb spider.
The tyranids are known for their advanced biological control and adaptation, thus rapid growth of one of their lowest sub-species is not out of the question.

and..

The Harpy. From what i understand this is a flying MC that can take Heavy wepons. So essentially its a mini Harridan. It just dosnt seem right to have flying swarms of huge creatures going about the place, and if they did, surley theyd be CC based, not shooty.
3 per army hardly counts as a swarm. This was always possible with a flyrant. The hive mother saw the effectiveness of it and decided to begin creating specialized versions as to not have to waste the resources to make full flying tyrants.

Finally

The Broodlords. These were portrayed as being "the vanguard of a swarm" and being "the first one down on planet, with his retinue of genestealers" and other general bits impling he was an elite leader and there was only one of him. But now theres multiples suddenly appearing, so its gone from vanguard commander to a pumped up sargent. Just dosnt seem right.

So does anyone else share my veiws, or is there good reason for these new beastys that ive simply missed. Post your thoughts.
Brood (group) lord (leader). They always seemed to be a sergeant role consuming an HQ slot. I always viewed them as the alpha dog of a pack of pant-stealers, not the leader in control of an entire army of biological monstrosities.

·
650 Posts
I can see that you may not be entirely happy with some of what is in the new codex. I was a bit concerned too when I heard of some of the new stuff but I think it will be ok now. I will try and put you at ease, an unhappy Hierodule is a bad thing.:sick:

The Tervigon may seem silly in how it spawns loads of Gaunts all the time. It is likely that the Gaunts are still eggs or embryos when they emerge. They grow really fast, like the Alien did in Alien but with special-extra-growth-hormones. Or like this thing in the video, though Gaunts don't get that big.

[video=youtube;KSrFL4KtW3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSrFL4KtW3E[/video]

The Harpy is one I have heard less about. However it is possible to have huge flying things on the lose. Tyranids would need dedicated flying creatures that aren't the size of a Harridan, the Harridan is a flying Bio-titan. Making something that large is difficult and they can be produced in far less numbers because of it. The Winged Hive Tyrants are always on synapse duty so they can't go too far from the swarms they command and can't be spared to chase down enemy scouts etc. The Harpy would be useful in all of this. It can pursue faster enemies easily and hit hard but setting it lose doesn't interfere with the Hive's orginisation as much. The shooty power is so that it can deal with several different kinds of threats and also act as a bio-bomber.

The demotion of the Broodlord is a bit annoying. However it can now be used more. I have thought about mucking ablout with spare parts to make several Broodlords but have not doen it because I could only use one. I think the fluff and idea of only one on the lose was silly and never properly explained. There could be loads of them about, however each one is a loner. Because it's like a Tyranid saboteur it makes sense it will show up to aid a swarm but won't lead one. It is like the Lictor in that way, it works apart from the swarm but shows up when prey is found.

Hope this helps.
That video is awesome and I think I may have to get some clear beads to mix into greenstuff to make the egg sac with the base having eggs everywhere with ripper-sized gaunts popping out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.