Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I don't know how much of this will be new but I read the new Vampire Counts book today and here is what stood out -

A Vampire Lord is over 200pts basic, but is automatically a level 2 wizard.

All spell casters automatically know invocation of nehek

Necromancers are only Lv 1 but can know more than one spell

There will be lots of Corpse Carts sold, if only for thier -1 to spellcasting ability for the same price as a war banner which is cumulative

Blood Dragons are over 50pts each, can have a magic banner worth up to 75pts, there problem is that frenzy means they will just get bated by things like Dark Riders for the whole game

A non-infantry unit or unit with the vampire special rule can only have one wound healed to it per spell, regardless of whether it is spell 1 or 6

Count Manfred is pretty sick - Knows all the spells from lore of Vampires and Lore of Death, still has his rod of unholy power, has 5 wounds and can ride the equivilent of a Griffon!

Konrad is near impossible to kill due to the Carstin Ring

Vargulf is capable of contesting table quarters, has no flanks or rears has a slightly better stat line than a Tomb Scorpion

The Black coack is much better, but detrimental to a magic heavy army becuase it sucks power dice and is still dead against S7

Everything is now undead

I didn't read anything about taking ward saves against crumbling, but I may have just missed it.

Any other questions please ask and I'll try to remember!

Will Adams

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Some good info there, thanks for that!

I do have a brief question, though it may not be something you paid much attention to; how are they dealing with bloodlines? Do they still outline fluff for the Bloodlines from the previous Army book? Or is there just general fluff, or maybe even fluff for new Bloodlines?

Just thought it would be interesting to know, it's no trouble if you don't have the answers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
winged nightmare

been wanting to know this, can vampires still ride winged nightmares? I just notice the figure isnt on online store anymore except as a classic figure and with the blood nights riding "nightmares" is the ol monster no longer valid.
my store has a couple and i want to buy one if they are still legal!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I can remember there is still some Bloodlines in the Fluff, but it is more broard than before, I'm sorry I didn't get much time so I thought I would look at the list itself as that is what more people would want to know about.

The winged nightmare is called something different now, and I'm farely sure Vamps can ride them, as can Manfred, which means you can get a great big dirty vampire on a flying monster!8X

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interestingly, I didn't see anywhere a rule that says Vampires can wear normal armour and still cast spells, though I am pretty sure that there is something in the Magic Armour section that says they can wear magic armour, but I didn't see anything for mundane armour.

Will

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
There isn't anything in the 7th ed core rules preventing wizards from casting while wearing armour. The only reason in this edition why they generally can't is because most wizards don't have to option to buy armour. So, the vampires will be able to cast while wearing armour unless it states somewhere in the Army Book that they can't.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't get much time so I thought I would look at the list itself as that is what more people would want to know about.
Yeah, but those people are silly! :p
It really sounds like Vampires are going to be tremendously freaky in this new incantation. Armoury AND Bloodline allowances, giant beasties to fly around on (not that we didn't have those before, mind you), magic... it's all so exciting!

It's a nice time to be undead.

·
Registered
189 Posts
winged nightmare is now called the abyssal horror or something similar. Vampire counts can ride one, there stats are more or less comparable to the current winged nightmare. There is also an option for hellsteeds which are 1 wound normal mounts that fly. both hero and lord level vamps can ride these! Vampires can wear magic armor there is text to enable this in the book. They can only access mundane equipment through bloodline packages, however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts