Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm attempting to get a haemonculi coven off the ground, along with my kabal and cult, I was wondering about certain troop arrangements.
Here's my idea:
Either a minimized squad of warriors, 5 or so, blaster, splinter cannon, haemonculus with destructor. Mounted on a raider with a horrorfex. The idea is to zip up, blast the tar out of it, and if the squad doesn't fair the hopeful LD check necessary, it will hopefully be pinned by the horrorfex. Thoughts, ideas, criticisms?
The other idea is basically running a haemonculous in an assault squad with scissorhands. Again, thoughts?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I like the punch a destructor could bring to a raider/reaver squad and want to use a full HQ slot of Haemonculi for big point games. 2 raider squads like this would be my assault line with a wych raider in tow. The wyches shouldn't need to expend points on blasters and should be able to fleet straight into the target.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was actually just thinking about Haemonculi, and the fact that as far as I can recall, although you can't attach an IC to another IC, I don't think there's restrictions on the number of ICs you can attach to one squad. You could really mince monstrous creatures with a couple of scissorhands together and they can share ablative wounds, although you know that squad will be copping some fire and it might eat through enemies too fast.

This naturally led me to the idea of having 2 dracons / drachites both join a warp beast pack, with drugs you could still have them shooting around like missiles thanks to the 12" charge, but they get some extra wounds, once again, the danger would be killing things too fast with 3 agonizers there.

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's another idea I've been tossing around. This is in conjunction with my broad ideas about the potential usefulness of hellions and scourges.
If I give a haemonculi a skyboard, can I join him to a squad of scourges? Both wings and the skyboard count as jump packs, just the skyboard grants some additional rules. I really hope so, because I have some cool conversion ideas for something like that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah, there's no reason you couldn't the only rule that would affect this is the unit must travel as fast as it's slowest member, and they are all the same speed. You wouldn't get the hit and run rules from taking the board on a character either so there's no clash with the character having to hit and run and the squad being unable to.

Is it just me, or does it seem like hellions might be alot more useful if instead of a forced hit and run they just had it as an option (allowing them to stay in assault through the enemy shooting phase then break off in the enemy assault phase)

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the most effective way of using hellions, and is perfectly legal.
Is that it? Has anyone else tried some odd troop configurations instead of using the generally accepted ones?

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's the most effective way of using hellions, and is perfectly legal.
I must have misinterpreted something then, I read the following from the codex update "if they win the combat they may pursue as normal, if they lose the combat they may be pursued as normal, but on any other result they MUST disengage according to the rule described above." I took this to mean that if anything happens that results in the hellions still being in combat at the end of any assault phase then they have to hit and run, no ifs ands or buts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.