Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

Im new to this game however I believe I am quite compertant however I would like some more experienced eyes looking over my list. Please note I generally take on Brets, High Elves, Dark Elves, Vamps & Chaos so that may explain some of my choices

-Heroes
Spell Singer
Fire Lore
Level 2
Elven Steed
-Core
15*Glade Guard
Musician
Swift Shiver
-Special
10*Wildwood Rangers
Standard
5*Sisters of the Thorn
Musician
5*Wild Riders
Gleeming Pendant
Champion
Shields
Standard
-Rare
5*Waywatchers
5*Waywatchers

Generaly Tatic is Wildriders flank or hunt down warmachines, Spell Singer goes with the sister for protection and to give the magic abit of Kill potential as well as utility (Not sure about the lore so help here please) Waywatchers take down knights and high armor, GG stay back firing in the wood I bring to the battle field (normally pick poision thicked and put them right at the back of it so more dangerous terrain test for the enemy plus with look they will take some with them before they die in CC) Rangers flank attack whoever chargers the GG.

Also I noticed alot of people taking the Way stalker with Bow of loren - correct me if im wrong he would only get 2 shots right? or am i missing something

Thanks and wish me luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like the idea behind your list and I feel that it should generally do well. If I were to tweak it I would make a few changes (take these suggestions with a grain of salt as they are mainly just personal preferences).

1) I really don't like swift shiver shards. If you do the math on them they are generally very outperformed by hagbane tips (and more expensive). They do about the same amount of damage against T3 targets, whereas hagbane tips starts doing exponentially more damage to T4+ targets. hagbanes are also cheaper giving you points for another glade guard or perhaps a standard + banner of eternal flame for flaming attacks. Hagbane tips with flaming are also extremely useful if you fight monsters like terrorgheists, chimeras, hydras (which you might be facing with the armies you listed) and are otherwise good at clearing out enemy warmachines

2) I don't see much point in musicians and champions on your sisters / wild riders. They are already fast cav so they don't need the swift reforms and the champion won't do much good. I'd use these points for a dispel scroll on your spellsinger.

3) As for lore of magic it really comes down to what element you want to add to your army composition...
Fire = good at clearing chaff and weaker units
Shadow = Hexes your opponent's stronger units to make them more manageable
Metal =Demolishes heavy enemy cavalry (my personal favorite)
Death = snipes enemy characters

4) I'm personally a big fan of great eagles as you can use them to redirect your opponent's units or perhaps use them to hunt warmachines. If you feel like giving them a try you could perhaps drop a unit of waywatchers or your wildwood rangers. Eagles are a very solid choice but not mandatory! They are best used as a pair of solo eagles (you shouldn't be taking them in big units)

About the waystalker: The cool thing is that he has the "sniper" special rule, so he's able to pick off enemy characters hiding in a unit. If you were to face a waystalker with the bow of loren yourself, your spellsinger general would probably be dead turn 1 or 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice

Ive done some adjusting essentially moved things around to get the dispel scroll in (thanks thats handy)

-Heroes
Spell Singer Lore Metal
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Elven Steed
-Core
15*Glade Guard
Musician
Swift Shiver
-Special
10*Wildwood Rangers
Standard
5*Sisters of the Thorn
5*Wild Riders
Shields
Standard
-Rare
5*Waywatchers
1* Great Eagle
1* Great Eagle

I'll go Lore of metal as the trouble I can forsee is with heavy armore (all of them like to put in knights) and if i'm going to change out the 1 of the way watchers it give me a balance in the heavy armor killers

I kept in the Swift shivers for now as it gets me dead on 250point core however in future when we up the points I'll give hagbane a go

also anyone reading this here is the math below

Attacks Hit (Long) Wound (vs T3) Total Wounds
15*Hagbane 15 5 (+2.5 auto Wound) 2.5 5
15*Swift Shiver 30 10 5 5
Hit (Short) Wound (vs T3)
15*Hagbane 15 7.5 (+2.5 Auto Wound 3.75 6.25
15*Swift Shiver 30 15 7.5 7.5
Hit (Long and Building) Wound (vs T3)
15*Hagbane 15 2.5 auto Wound n/a 2.5
15*Swift Shiver 30 5 2.5 2.5

Attacks Hit (Long) Wound (vs T4) Total Wounds

15*Hagbane 15 5 (+2.5 auto Wound) 1.66 4.16
15*Swift Shiver 30 10 3.33 3.33
Hit (Short) Wound (vs T4)
15*Hagbane 15 7.5 (+2.5 Auto Wound 2.5 5
15*Swift Shiver 30 15 5 5
Hit (Long and Building) Wound (vs T4)
15*Hagbane 15 2.5 auto Wound n/a 2.5
15*Swift Shiver 30 5 1.66 1.66

Thanks Black flight I owe you one

·
Registered
53 Posts
You're most welcome! :)

The thing about shiftshiver shards is that the extra -1 penalty for multi-shooting is killer and you're often looking at long range and / or move and shoot penalties, which means that the extra shot doesn't add much if you're hitting on 5's or 6's anyways. In the end it's just a matter of preferences :) I've recently written a post on the non-army list wood elf forum if you're interested in knowing more about the enchanted arrows. 16 glade guard + musician also reaches the 250 point (25%) core minimum if you feel like giving the hagbanes a go :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts