Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got most of this off of a shooty tourney list I saw around here somewhere. All I did was add a dragon. I reeeally need some help with WE so I'm sure my strategy isn't going to work. My main enemy will be a really competitive Dwarf player, so I'm going to have to play hard and use some "cheap tricks" to pull off my first win.

Highborn @ 575
Forest Dragon
Spear Weapon
Light Armor
Bow of Loren
Bodkins

Noble @ 111 Pts
Light Armour; Great weapon; longbow
Hail of Doom Arrow [30]

1 Spellsinger @ 140 Pts
Magic Level 1; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

5 Glade Riders @ 120pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

7 Wardancers @ 133 Pts
Musician

7 Wardancers @ 126 Pts

Great Eagle @ 50 Pts

Casting Pool: 3
Dispel Pool: 3 + 2 scrolls

Total: 2023

My stragtegy is to use the fliers and cavalry as anti-warmachine/shooter units, and use the rest as a shooting line to cut down the (dwarven) enemy before they can get to me, and then when they charge the Glade Guard, retreat and charge with Wardancers/dryads. Also, a retreat with the dragon is also somewhere in there. My main concern is the dwarf's cannon. The bolt thrower and organ gun all have shorter ranges, and he tends to deploy them together anyway.

PS: How does a dragon's breath weapon work? It never said a strength, is it the Dragon's strength?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Okay, first of all, you've got WAAAAY too many shooters. You'll never draw line of sight with all of them.

I'd take at dead most three. If you really feel you need more shooting after that, consider waywatchers.

Secondly, Dragons are not the most competitive choice for WE. If you want a shooty Lord, just take an Alter High Born with the arcane Bodkins, the Bow of Loren, A ward, and an enchanted shield. You should also take light armor and a great weapon.

Ignoring the armor saves will be good against dwarfs.

I never take Glade Riders unless I'm using up all my special choices on something else. That said, since you have glade riders, if you're not going to take Wild Riders, I'd just get another one of these in your special choices.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Breath weapons use the flame template, check page 94 of the warhammer rulebook for full specifics.
As for strength, check the wood elf special rules section of the wood elf book page 19, It is listed under Poison Breath

·
Registered
415 Posts
As said before, the dragon we can field isnt as strong as other dragon units. Nor has it an high enough armour save to survive the shooting rounds. Cause since it looks dangerouse, you will get all the arrows on the lord with dragon!

About the shooting line, 3 units max, as said before, tend to work best! You could make one unit into scouts...

as for the GR, they are the only fast unit you have in this list (except for the lord). So they will be useless since they are not strong enough to take on enemy units on their own, and since there are no other units of fast cav, they are alone...

So in my oppinion, drop the GR set up another unit of dryads, switch one of the GG units for GG scouts. make the noble into an standart alter noble. And put in a unit of Waywatchers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How good would a Treeman be in this situation? I like their statline, but would they get slaughtered by the Cannon or other warmachines before they could do anything?

Also, would the warhawk riders be good against the Dwarfs? Could waywatchers be used against warmachine crew effectively? That cannon always gets me, not the organ gun or bolt thrower. I worry about my lines too much, but when I play WoC my main block is always shot to death by his warmachines.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got most of this off of a shooty tourney list I saw around here somewhere. All I did was add a dragon. I reeeally need some help with WE so I'm sure my strategy isn't going to work. My main enemy will be a really competitive Dwarf player, so I'm going to have to play hard and use some "cheap tricks" to pull off my first win.

Highborn @ 575
Forest Dragon
Spear Weapon
Light Armor
Bow of Loren
Bodkins
:/ This set up is less than optimal. Your wasting either 60 points of magic items if you get into combat OR almost the entire dragon if your flying around taking pop shots. Go with a more combat oriented build to maximize the effectivness of both the dragon and the rider

Noble @ 111 Pts
Light Armour; Great weapon; longbow
Hail of Doom Arrow [30]
give this guy the alter kindred and Helm of the hunt

1 Spellsinger @ 140 Pts
Magic Level 1; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]
good!

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts
aaaaaa soooo many archers!!! i like to run two sets of 10, but three is common as well. Axe a unit

5 Glade Riders @ 120pts
maybe + music

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

7 Wardancers @ 133 Pts
Musician

7 Wardancers @ 126 Pts
dropping a unit of GG can pump these guys up to units of 8.

Great Eagle @ 50 Pts
great eagles can get some work done

Casting Pool: 3
Dispel Pool: 3 + 2 scrolls

Total: 2023

My stragtegy is to use the fliers and cavalry as anti-warmachine/shooter units, and use the rest as a shooting line to cut down the (dwarven) enemy before they can get to me, and then when they charge the Glade Guard, retreat and charge with Wardancers/dryads. Also, a retreat with the dragon is also somewhere in there. My main concern is the dwarf's cannon. The bolt thrower and organ gun all have shorter ranges, and he tends to deploy them together anyway.

PS: How does a dragon's breath weapon work? It never said a strength, is it the Dragon's strength?

use the dryads as screens and the flyers to do exactly waht you said. TRy to bring them in together so your opponent as a choice of what to shoot at. If he cant get at both than someone will squeak through and wreck some war machines

·
877 Posts
Instead of commenting on your list, I will post one that I have played a few times that did okay since it is very close to yours it should at least give you some ideas. It does take some skill to get the hang of, although WEs in general do so that shouldn't be anything new.

Lord: Sisters of Twilight: 325 points
- eagle
Hero: Noble: 158 points
- GW, LA, shield, HotH, HoDA, Alter Kin
Hero: Spellsinger: 140 points
- 2* scroll
Hero: Noble: 181 points
- eagle, LA, shield, spear, wraith stone

Core * 4: 10 Gladeguard: 120 (480)points

Special: 4 Warhawk riders: 160 points
Special * 2: 7 Wardancers: 133 (266) points
- musician

Rare * 2: 6 Waywatchers: 144 (288) points

The key to this army is to set up 20 archers in your center, then 1 unit of wardancers + another 10 on each outer flank, using the dancers only to provide counter attack for the archers. Set up the waywatchers to get starting march blocks if you can and use the warhawks + two eagle characters to keep them that way. Once you get the hang of the army it can be extremely dirty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.