Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got into warhammer 40k and I plan on makeing a space marine army. I want a fast hitting army so im thinking about a squad of scouts and an assualt squad to start off. The problem is that I dont know which HQ units to pick, which ones are the best for my type of army? Thanks in advance.
-FaTe

·
Registered
111 Posts
well, imo a chaplin in real good in CC, so attach him to the assualt squad. but for the force to be legal, you need two troops, so id consider getting a chaplin, tactical sqaud, scout squad (or tactical squad if you dont want scouts) and assult marines. i think that the black templars are CC maniacs, not sure tho

·
Monkey Pirate
451 Posts
yes the bts are quite good in cc, if you decided to pick them up owever your going too need two crusader squad boxes, as they lack scouts, an emperors champ, and a chaplin maby, if you go w/ generic smerfs or chapter traits , inflitrating scouts might suit you, but your going to need alot of assault marines to back them up, scouts always seem to die really quickly, and if you don't set them up right they tend to get screwed. Assualt marines are marginally quicker than the rest of your foot slooging army, not much if you compare their speed to the speed of other armies (DE, Eldar, 'Nids, or a speed freek army)
Also bare in mind that if your army is just assault marines and scouts, you will probally win , more likely than not, in small games;however, in large games, when your eneimies start packing such nasties as starcannons, plasma guns, or if its just a nasty line of guardsmen, your probally going to end up losing a lot at that point. A unit to consider if you decided to go with 'smerfs is bikes, they are by far the fastest unit in a marine army ( granted they are really expensive) pack good weapons, and got the extra toughness going for them too.
With your plan that you have their i would proablly get a chaplin with a jump pack, just attach him to a squad and let the good times roll.
Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I was only planing on starting with these units to play a few small scrimishes, to see how I like the game. If I like it I will most deffinitly get some bigger badder guys for my army.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.