Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just picked up a 40K rulebook last weekend and hopefully my first batch of Dark Eldar will arrive in the mail today. I figured I would get a basic 500 point army together first, play a bit at 500 before growing to 1000, etc.

The friend who is getting me into 40K plays Necron, and it is starting to look like my DE will have a hard time against him. Any comments on this army against Necrons in particular or 40K armies in general are much appreciated. Help me make the most of 500 points!

HQ - 200pts
  • Drachon - 35
    • plus Shadow field - 25
    • plus Splinter Rifle - 2
    • plus Close Combat Weapon - 1
  • 9 Warriors - 72
    • plus Splinter Cannon - 10
  • Raider - 55
Warrior squad A - 155 pts
  • 10 Warriors - 80
    • plus Splinter Cannon(x2) - 20
  • Raider - 55
Warrior Squad B - 145 pts
  • 10 Warriors - 80
    • plus Blaster (x2) - 10
  • Raider - 55

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
all hsi raider have dark lances on them.

id give yur leader an agoniser. and give her a pistol for the+1 attacks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, good. Where do you suggest I make up the points for the agnozer? I need to stay under 500. Perhaps drop a couple of warriors from the squads? Or is it better to ditch some other wargear?

I'm going to be facing Necrons for the first few battles, so any advice specific to them would be really good.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Definetly give your Lord the best close combat stuff possible, preferably with 2 close combat weapons, preferably with an Agonizer. Maybe drop a Warrior or two somewhere to make up points. Looks like a pretty good force for such low points.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Definately give your Dracon an Agonizer and splinter pistol. Oh your warrior squads would actually be called raider squads. You also have one too many special/heavy weapons in your squads, you can only have one special and one heavy in raider squads. Now if you were using warrior squads then you would be fine but warrior squads dont have raiders and have a different squad min and max, but can also take 2 heavy weapons and 2 special weapons. Now what you can do is give each squad a blaster and each squad a splinter cannon and you will be legal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.