Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Please give as much advice/criticism as you can its the only way i will learn, reasons for changes would be most appreciated also.

Int-Chap- 120pts
Tac squad - Vet Serg w/ PW and MB, 4 marines 1 w/ flamer - 115pts
Razorback w/ extra armour - 65pts
Tac Squad - Vets serg w/ PW, 9 Marines 1 w/ Plasmagun 1 w/ ML -205pts

total - 505pts

I really am new to this, its literally the first time i have ever looked at a 40k rulebook or codex, played FB years ago about 2 times when i was a lad, but not done anything at all of this type since then.

Thanks all

·
Registered
318 Posts
I like your team, love razorbacks, the chaplian can go in that with the combat squad i'm guessing?
You should get some paints, for begginers dark angels are relativly simple to do a basic coat of green, lol. When you get abit better you can add all the bleached bone high lights. make sure you get the dark angels codex if you dont have it, and if your thinking of your next purchase maybe think of another tactical squad or a fast attack like an assult squad, a land speeder if you like the look of it but I prefer a nice hard hitting assult squad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi

Thanks for all the advice, i was thinking about dropping the int chap to a normal chaplain and removing the extra armour from the razorback to free up some points and getting a rhino for the second squad and splitting that to 2 combat squads 1 with the serg and plasma and 1 with the ML making the whole army more maneuverable. What do you think?

Would leave me with this new list:

Chap w/ SB - 105pts
Tac squad - Vet Serg w/ PW, 4 marines 1 w/ flamer, w/ razorback - 160pts
Tac Squad - Vets serg w/ PW, 9 Marines 1 w/ Plasmagun 1 w/ ML, w/ rhino -240pts

total - 505pts

I have the codex and the rulebook which im now kinda regretting as i hear a new rulebook is coming out.

I bought some cheap plastic models from ebay to practice painting and converting on and i think i bought every paint and modelling tool in the shop which i suppose is an advantage of starting this a bit older than most is that i can afford to do this, i certainly couldnt have done when i was younger :).

As for growing the army i have thought about this also, but dont wanna get ahead of myself, i have thought for 750 points something like this:

i was thinking tac squad 1 to 10 marines and add a ML + 85pts
change the rhino in tac squad 2 to razorback + 15 pts
2 x ravenwing support squads with 1 landspeeder in each /w TML - 150pts

Total - 755pts

What do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts