Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, to start forgive my english please

I was reading the different SM codex, i have noticed that in the BA codex and DT codex the cost of drop pods is increased by 20 points.

So I'm wondering, if the evolution of the marines in 5°edition and in the future codex will be this price enhancing, combined with the policy of "5 or 10" mans squads, a full dop pods list will still be a reality??

What you think? Spend 350 instead of 210 (supposing 7 pods in total) points in self-immobilizing transports will still leave any chance to play this kind of list?? - We don't post the individual point costs of models here. - Katie D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think it will not have a chance in ordinary games, because this 350points are free victory points that your opponent gets without doing ANY damage to them. Drop pods are like a point present to your enemy. You should give a little overview about your army because it's hard to handle with 7 drop pods. Some units do not need a drop pod, some need it. (and remeber that there are a lot of units that can be called with a teleport homer ;))

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
I think that question will really only be answered once we see the new space marine codex. If space marines where to get, say, uber grit similar to chaos space marines, than i would think it a fair trade. However if the rumors of new space marine codex are true, i doubt any current army will be viable. It will likely take a complete overhaul of tactics and strategies to be able to remain competitive. Overall, its likely space marines are in for a Nerf.

However, for the next year or so, drop pods remain the premiere army of codex space marines, few other armies combine fluff and tactics the way drop pods do.

Peace

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Unless of course you're a BA assault squad and the cost of your droppod is built into the squad, making the pod worth zerozilchnada VPs! I think it's unfortunate that the dreadnoughts also pay the inflated price, but otherwise it seems like a reasonable adjustment. We players of other imperial armies are quite jealous of your cheapo rhinos!

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
However, BA assault squads do not have access to the humble bolter, a pivotal piece of required equipment in any good drop pod army. Although the veteran assault squads could probably pull this off, but i don't recommend it, since 5 man squads are pretty useless for drop pods, and xX points models are insanely overpriced when drop podding.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
although I sometimes fear the changes to come, I think its fun at the same time because it forces me to explore different tactics. Lets not let our space marines become a one trick pony!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.