Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the next IG army is that will be made over? Will there be one? I've heard several different rumors that the Valhallans will be getting a bunch of new minis. Someone else told me it would be Tallarn, which would be kinda cool 'cause I've wanted to start a desert-themed army.
A lot of people say that after the Cadians there won't be any new IG for a while, though.

Anyone know? :blink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone directed me to this year-old quote posted at Portent.net, but I'm not sure why Mr. Closs would know this.

ForgeWorld and Fanatic Rumours Posted October 21, 2002 by Pete Closs:

..."Plastic Valhallans are next on the list of Imperial Guard plastics although given the time it's taking for Plastic Cadians it's almost certain these won't be out for a good while."...

Being a die-hard IG lifer these rumours tweak my interest.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ahhh i hope to good the make some plastic Valhallen's.... never liked puter guys so i always bought plastic, but i have been in love with Valhallen's since i ever saw them.... and to u sicko's im not acutally in love with them haha, i just really want a Valhallen army hehe

·
Registered
593 Posts
Personally, I heard that the valhallens were going to be the next to be done, but that the box would also contain the parts to change the valhallens into steel legion.

This might be true, as both use similar uniforms (is trench coats. The only main difference is the head) and this would also mean that GW make more money on one product, increasing profit.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Praetonions where only made as limeted edition models when they were released and they only stayed on to the shere popularity of them. Unfortunatly they arn't amazingly popular and i see that they wont get anything until games workshop get really bored again until the next new army or something comes out. I hope personally its that valhallan/steel legion next because the models are just so cool.
Unfortunatly not all people share this veiw for I was conversing with master chi brown thong and he thought the valhallans and steel legion were wearing skirts. I tried to convince him that they were trench coats but no. Aparently they are gay too. I would like you to take a vote if the first time you ever saw steel legion or valhallans, you thought they were wearing skirts? Hope im not intruding.
Until the next time we meet i will give you my world famous quote

"Eat Cheese And Kill That Neighbour Of Yours."

·
Registered
857 Posts
I really want Mordians. They're just sooooo cool! But what I want more is more Tanith Ghosts. Come on, all we have is Gaunt's Ghosts elite team and blisters of three metal models! I want Sniper models! I can't use Ratlings!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I belive the term I've heard thrown around quite a bit in reguards to the next plastic IG are "Great Coat" models. This would definately include SL and Valhallans.

I'm just glad to see Mordians finally in the online GW archive so I can finish up my platoons of them.

Uncle Jesse

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great-coat miniatures in plastic would make the most sense.

The basic box would be Valhallans I would assume, then in the finest GW style there would be more expensive boxed sets which have exactly the same sprues as the Valhallans but with a little pack of pewter heads and accessories to upgrade them to Steel legion (Gasmask head and breather tank), Death Korps of Kreig (Gasmask and spiked helmet head with backpack), Terrax Guard (Commisar type head and maybe special epaulettes) and possibly the Savlar Chemdogs too (bald gasmask head, SL breather tank and Death Korps backpack).

Result? -One plastic set spawns four other products with which the addition of a miniscule amount of metal allows for an extra charge of £5. Five advertised and official Guard ranges covered and profitably so into the bargain Hurrah!

Now be honest who thinks that that isn't likely?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would really really like to see the Dark Eldar redone. I think they have been a little to weak for a little to long. It would be awsome. Or so i think. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Would like to see some new catachans, maybe a few variations on the sentinels, or new snipers that are a little more painting friendly, and easier on the wrist contortions. Or perhaps a few variations where the pants would have camo patterns raised on them. And maybe on the plastic jungle fighters box set, throw in a few different weapons, instead of 20 lasguns, and 3 flamers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would veto the raising of camo patterns on miniatures and I know it would never happen to be frank.

Camoflage is a matter of personal preference and for the majority of painters raised detail is something to be removed with knife and file to allow for creativity (viz beaky power armour studded shoulder plate) rather than to aloow more to be added....

The problem with raised patterns is that it constrains you to that pattern miniature after miniature and yet at this scale adds nothing to the ease with which you can paint the figure. It is a guide after all and if you can paint to that sort of scale on what is essentially raised lead then it is a laughably small step to just copy a pattern onto flat lead.

It is just so very very easy and even if you choose to use the same pattern time after time, the small imperfections you get in technique add to the character and quality of your painting rather than detracting from it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Id love to see the Mordians re-done..

Lars.. How can you say they dont fit into the 40k universe? When men in Giant terminator armour with two hearts and back up lungs are clashing with the spawn of chaos you're thinking these guys in uniform look out of place?

Would love some new mordian plastics and special rules for them like Codex:Catachan for jungle fighting it would be cool if the Mordians had something similar, one for all the IG, why not.

Unfortuantly though, I expect it will be the Vallhalans next. Theres nothing wrong with them. It's just how many desert themed armies do you see? Loads! Gettin kinda fed up of 'em.

My 2 cents, but with the exchange rate probably about a penny.

- Stretch

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, I think they need to come out with Rough Riders for differnt Regiments, istead of just tallarn. I mean, I would like to see some SL rider, or mabey a mordian or two packing a hunting lance. I think they will probably introduce new cadian plastics, which pewter conversion pieces for warrior weapon troops.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.