Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a spraypaint that bonds with the plastic, not just sit on it therefore you have no damn flaking, it also works great on metal models, and sits in all the creses, i found it much better than the GamesWorkshop undercoat.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Sounds like the answer to my prayers. Whats the name of the brand, how much, and where from?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its called pactra racing finish, its supposed to be used for the covers of model cars but worls well on models, also gives them a somewhat glossy look. it comes in colors like outlaw black, butcomes in small cans. They cost like 3-5 bucks a can, i got it form a normal hobby store, not a GW.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sounds like that would work, although we have had some trouble with "Car Spray Paint" before...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by LordHat@Nov 12 2003, 19:31
Ahem....... that's in the off topic forum in a COMPLETELY different site :p
He said it bonds to plastics. So, I wanted to know if it is harder to strip off, compared to normal primers .

·
Registered
453 Posts
Some primers bound to plastics and are nearly impossible to remove, however, not without damaging the miniature in the process. I ask this because I sometimes get bad priming effects and usually have to strip them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
For plastics BRAKE FLUID works the best for me. Just drop the model in question into a tub over night. Be warned brake fluid DOES evaporate, so be sure you seal it. Next day take toothbrush to model, for stubborn patches soak longer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thats great, but what about the primer, RiptorAmashi was talking about.

How well dose it strip?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.