Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're about to start a doubles tournament, and I've been paired with our new guy who's not played 40k in a decade so I figure I need some help with creating a list for him to use.

We've 1k each, and our opponents are Tau + CSM, IG + Eldar, and Ork + CSM. I know he likes the idea of 'stealers (especially as they don't need Synapse control), and the Hive Tyrant with Wings is pretty damn scary but other than that I'm stumped. We can proxy anything at all, and whatever gaps this list has I'm able to fill with my beloved marines.

Suggestions? I'm not expecting to win this (as he won't have even played a game until 4 days before our first match) but I would like to not come last ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Try something like this

Hive Tyrant (249pts)
TL Devourer, Venom Cannon, Enhanced senses, Toxin Sacs, Shadow in the warp, 2 Tyrant Guard

Hive Tyrant (239pts)
TL Devourer, Venom Cannon, Enhanced senses, Toxin Sacs, 2 Tyrant Guard

6 Genestealers (102pts)
Feeder tendrils

8 Gaunts (72pts)
Fleshborer, Without number

8 Gaunts (72pts)

Carnifex (148pts)
Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, Enhanced senses

Carnifex (113pts)
2 TL Devourers, Enhanced Senses

Total: 995pts

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
I would go something like this instead:

Hive Tyrant (219pts)
2x Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands (I+WS), Flesh Hooks, Implant Attack, Toxic Miasma, Toxin Sacs, Warp Field, Wings

Hive Tyrant (211pts)
2x TL Devourers, Enhanced senses, Toxin Sacs, 2 Tyrant Guards

6 Genestealers (120pts)
Feeder tendrils, Scuttlers (for outflanking)

9 Gaunts (81pts)

9 Gaunts (81pts)

Carnifex (155pts)
2x Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands (I+WS), Bonded Exoskeleton, Flesh Hooks, Reinforced Chitin, Toxic Miasma

Carnifex (128pts)
2 TL Devourers, Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Outflanking Genestealers AND a flyrant? I like the look of that.

CC Carnifexes worry me though, in Dawn of War matches they never seem to get into the fight - or have I just not seen 'nids played correctly?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would go something like this instead:

Hive Tyrant (219pts)
2x Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands (I+WS), Flesh Hooks, Implant Attack, Toxic Miasma, Toxin Sacs, Warp Field, Wings

Hive Tyrant (211pts)
2x TL Devourers, Enhanced senses, Toxin Sacs, 2 Tyrant Guards

6 Genestealers (120pts)
Feeder tendrils, Scuttlers (for outflanking)

9 Gaunts (81pts)

9 Gaunts (81pts)

Carnifex (155pts)
2x Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands (I+WS), Bonded Exoskeleton, Flesh Hooks, Reinforced Chitin, Toxic Miasma

Carnifex (128pts)
2 TL Devourers, Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses

This list has no ranged anti tank so you will have to overload on anti tank in your space marine list, which could actually work because space marines have got some good anti tank units.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'll go with that then, and just load up on the anti-tank with my Marines.

Still a little bit dubious about the CCfex, but I'll just have to hope we don't get any Dawn of War missions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.